Show us what you did today, thread

Re:

My ideas revolve around plywood/pine box sections but probably no full monocoque. My budget is very low so most of my wood has been skip sourced...........what could go wrong :facepalm:

There will be gallons of heavy duty wood glue and wood dowels as mentioned before :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

I don't think I possess the skills to create a wooden bike that would hold together for more than a hundred yards :LOL:
But if I did I would be thinking along the likes of the Trimble type frame design.

Re: Re:

jimo746":33blchjk said:
I don't think I possess the skills to create a wooden bike that would hold together for more than a hundred yards :LOL:
But if I did I would be thinking along the likes of the Trimble type frame design.

I was thinking a bit less conventional... :)

I have a design sketched out, but if I show it, the men in white coats may come for me. Let's just say it may have slightly different geometry...

Re:

I’ve had a look at making a bamboo bike before but never committed to a kit. Bamboo Bicycle Company figure it all out for you and send the kits and jig.
Just don’t google pictures of BBC, you get some very different results!

Wooden frames certainly have some advantages in the modern bike scene. Pretty easy to convert the new axle standards with just a chisel and drill. :)

Re:

Early finish at work today so I headed out for a quick ride at Kirkhill Forest.
I had great fun sliding around in the snow, but somehow still managed to find some mud :roll: :LOL:

Attachments

• 20201224_151746.jpg
    20201224_151746.jpg
    502.7 KB · Views: 203
  • 20201224_144550.jpg
    20201224_144550.jpg
    455 KB · Views: 203
  • 20201224_143942_copy_3096x2322.jpg
    20201224_143942_copy_3096x2322.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 203
There looks like a candidate for seal skin knee length waterproof socks. Honestly bud, freezing your legs off cant be good for them blood flow wise :?

Lovely wintry pics though :D

Re: Re:

jimo746":11clfv37 said:
Early finish at work today so I headed out for a quick ride at Kirkhill Forest.
I had great fun sliding around in the snow, but somehow still managed to find some mud :roll: :LOL:

Great pics, wish we still had snow, or were allowed to come up there, would probably be in Glencoe now up a mountain :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

Looking good out there in the snow Jimo.
Not much with us at the moment but Hoy and Orkney looking very white so hopefully we will get some soon. There is a bit inland but as we are right near the sea we tend to get it last.
Merry Christmas to you all, hope you have a fantastic day and get to spend it with family or friends.
Hopefully we can all get together once again next year

Re:

Happy Boxing Day from the middle of storm Bella. Horrible day it is but good day for shed tinkering. Have a good one, one and all :xmas-big-grin:

Back