Show us what you did today, thread

Yeah it’s been mainly commuter duties for me. But never really got on with the long stem and low front but a few tweaks and it’s feeling spot on.

Lovely frame though.

Well arrived home to find the postman had left a set of Dura Ace 7402 8speed hubs with original skewers sitting waiting for me.
I purchased these off a gentleman I know off another forum for a very bargainous price as he had sent videos and a million photos and I was well happy but now they have arrived they are in even better condition than I thought. Always a bonus :)
These will be built up for my Flying Scot Ventoux as I have decided that rather than put some of the older mix I had for it back on that it can be the custodian of all my 7400 - 7402 Dura Ace gear that sits in a box for when I swap the Merckx kit out. It will be well suited to it for sure.
I have still to clean them let alone polish. A job for the weekend.
Just thought I would share ;)

Jamie

IMG_2938 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2940 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

IMG_2941 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

Lovely Jamie.
Only ever had one piece of Dura Ace (modern clipless pedals). Retro stuff always reminds me of early XTR.

Thanks mate, it is lovely stuff and I do have a bit of it kicking about but no hubs. Most of it is 7400 and 7402 which I just like the look of. It's also so very much like the same gen XTR in that it is nice looking and also very slick in it's operation as well as seeming to just keep on working forever if looked after.
Dura Ace most likely the same as XTR for most of the dirt guys in that couldn't afford it back when it was current, much like now, so still seen to be bling type stuff when retro building.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":2riwbgkn said:
Well arrived home to find the postman had left a set of Dura Ace 7402 8speed hubs with original skewers sitting waiting for me...

Why is the bit for screwing on the freewheel so long? And not threaded all the way even. :)

I went for a within the guidelines trundle around the local area.

Took a few excursions off the sticky black stuff...

...and ended up in the woods...

...for some easy natural terrain.

There were fences and dykes to cross...

...and opportunities to perfect my half-bunnyhop

Do you think some grumpy pensioner has been putting logs across the track?

And a ride is not a ride without a wee bit of bog...

Never seen that bit so dry. (I'm the one who's been putting the logs on that bog for the last few years.)

Bogs morph into lochs - or is it the other way round?

But for a relief, there was a nice bit of gravel track...

Unfortunately it soon turned to about a kilometre of this...

But then it was back on to the black boring stuff and head for home.

I stopped on the outskirts of town to get a drink at the famous Spootie Well...

...but changed my mind when I remembered there's a cemetery at the top of the hill. Maybe they should change the name to Zombie Well.

'Twas a fine day. :)

Re:

Looks a great ride, with a fair bit looking familiar ;)
Hopefully we will be able to get out for a ride together soon.
Definitely missing our rides.

Jamie

Re:

Great photos Brian, I love how every time they start on the black stuff and steadily descend into wilder and more remote off-road locations :LOL:

Jamie, those hubs look polished already! :cool: I think 7400 is my favourite Shimano Road stuff, I've got a few bits on my Giant, not hubs though, nor a braze on front mech either, so if you see one for sale anywhere (at a reasonable price) give me a shout :)

Re: Re:

jimo746":2raiz35b said:
Great photos Brian, I love how every time they start on the black stuff and steadily descend into wilder and more remote off-road locations :
It disguises my technical incompetence offroad, and lack of speed on road.

Maybe I'm just a Rambler with a bike. :)

And Oops, I just did N+1. I put a low bid on a Dawes Galaxy and to my surprise won it.

Back