Show us what you did today, thread

Cheers Mr P
Yes the shed door and frame need repainted :)
I am getting this out for a ride as I have three weeks before I can get down to get the new project :)
How are you getting on? and how's the leg coming along now?

Jamie

Re:

All good, although working (laptop in Panda 2's former bedroom) as we're considered key workers, so no playtime for me unless I take days off, which I may do next week.
Panda 3 works from dining room and the former Mrs Panda works upstairs. Leg is pain free but is going to be a long haul in terms of fitness.

However, Panda 1 spotted Panda 3's old bike in the garage so wants me to recommission it so we can go for a spin up past Dunstaffnage and maybe to Loch Creran. Bike is a Kona Fire Mountain from around 1999 which I bought for Panda 3's Xmas 10 years ago, but the "professional respray" it had received was utter crap so I took it back to primer, resprayed it metallic turquoise and for some reason stuck Kona Caldera graphics on it.
Panda 1's Orange C16-R is in Aberdeenshire. I have my Splatter Dome here plus my Sex One, plus could use Panda 4's Claud Butler as he's taller than me :shock:

Something to aim for as the weather is just fine :D

Sounds like you could fit a bit of riding for fitness in ;)
I am essential too so I am in at work like normal each day, so no lockdown building for me either :(

Jamie

Very nice.... maybe a black Brooks swift if the B17’s too wide and a swallow too skinny? (Might have a Swift if you’re interested)
Ps I wasn’t going to mention the door frame....

Swift sounds nice, good idea. The B17 is definitely looking too chunky for this.
This is a racier build than I have been doing lately, though the frame and model dictates that. It is a really nice frame with the chrome ends, fork details and finely brazed Bocama lugs. You can also see where the lugs were lined in white round the headtube and bottom bracket. It almost looks like they have been rubbed off. It has a good few chips etc but nothing I believe that warrants a paint job.

Jamie

Its really nice Jamie, but I'd say the saddle is wrong colour wise, seems too orangy red to go well with the blue and stands offish :?.
It's in such lovely condition that a coloured saddle draws you away from it. I'd agree with the others and think black tape and saddle.

dyna-ti":8kycfuwk said:
Its really nice Jamie, but I'd say the saddle is wrong colour wise, seems too orangy red to go well with the blue and stands offish :?.
It's in such lovely condition that a coloured saddle draws you away from it. I'd agree with the others and think black tape and saddle.

What he needs is an elegant black NOS Brookes Swift, wider than a swallow, smarter than a B17……. Now, who’s got some stainless-steel Van Schothorst wheels lying around idle?

Attachments

• Brooks Swift.jpg
    Brooks Swift.jpg
    995.3 KB · Views: 187
Nice to have the dilemma of so many nice frames Jamie.
For me it would be the Scot with a sporty build, and a much smaller saddle!

Are we allowed to ask what the incoming project is?

It's a surprise! Well that makes it sound very grand and it is not but I would rather keep it under my hat until it actually happens. When it does though Clubby, you may well be the first to know as it isn't far from yourself.
I need lockdown to end as otherwise I may need to get a second essential job.

Jamie

Back