Show us what you did today, thread

that's a lovely lobster

my Ae Forest debut today for the P29er test flight. loved the track, the red/Ae line is a pretty nice trail, canny believe I've not been there before, it was only 50mins down the road for me :facepalm: So got round the red and managed a few more miles on a flatish circuit, all good fun. Getting back to the car park the place was a buzz with mentalist arriving to practice for tomorrows DH comp

WP_20160227_003 by gmac123, on Flickr

WP_20160227_001 by gmac123, on Flickr

WP_20160227_005 by gmac123, on Flickr

That Ritchey looks really lovely Gmac.
Really likeing this, just looks 'right' and would imagine being Ritchey it rides pretty nicely as well :)

Jamie

Re: Re:

RobMac":14gicw30 said:
Yeah I like that just a pity about the wheel size :mrgreen:

baaaaa :facepalm: :xmas-big-grin:

yeah enjoyed the spin, once I'd tweaked the tyre and fork pressure a bit. the 1 x 11 was flawless, the chain stayed where it should without the clutch, the 3 - 4 largest sprockets seem to be where the comprise is in terms of ratio gaps. noticed the oval ring on the first climb, but got used to it immediately, legs were nicely engaged all though the pedal stroke.. a bit of lower sore back after the ride so will need to check my position out

so bring on the summer overnighters.... and I've went and entered the Selkirk mtb marathon

Good one Gmac,
I think it looks fine and in proportion with the 29'ers, maybe the frame size, whatever but it looks 'right' as is.
I'm neither here nor there on 29'ers mainly due to my size and the compromises made to a 29'er to suite me, toe overlap etc. I already get this with 26'ers some times so they are not on my radar really. I had them on my 1X1 and they were OK but preferred the 26'er. Now the Dirt Wizards are perfect with the carcass almost or just on the size of 27.5 so for me a 27.5 with Dirt Wizards may be the way to go.
There seems to be a real anti 29'er vibe going through the threads lately, why is that? Is it that now they are no longer in fashion, the fickle Fifer trendsetters are poo pooing them. :)

Jamie

Lovely bike Gmac.
Funny that all the 29er haters are the ones who've never ridden one!
From the photo's, you wouldn't know it was a wagon wheeler, it's all about proportion. For guys like Gmac, ZZ or Velo, a 29er makes perfect sense. I'd say I'm on the cusp of the right height for one, any shorter and a 27.5 makes more sense.

Re:

I don't think "hater" is the right term to use, it's just a bit of gentle ribbing. It seems that it works both ways here and if you don't get the 29er thing then some how you're stuck in the dark ages :? .
Gmac's bike looks lovely and perfectly in proportion but put those wheels on a frame that would fit me or Jamie and the aesthetics are ruined in my opinion. All my bikes are 26" and I'm perfectly happy with them and like the fact that the wheels/tyres are interchangeable. I don't have a great desire to try a 29er, 27.5 maybe but I don't believe the difference in the ride would be worth the further outlay for me. My heart is with bikes from 1988-1992 and that's why I'm on this site TBH. Ride what you're happy with and stop worrying about trying to convince others what is best is what I say.

DynaCol":7vkip2kg said:
I don't think "hater" is the right term to use, it's just a bit of gentle ribbing. It seems that it works both ways here and if you don't get the 29er thing then some how you're stuck in the dark ages :? .
Gmac's bike looks lovely and perfectly in proportion but put those wheels on a frame that would fit me or Jamie and the aesthetics are ruined in my opinion. All my bikes are 26" and I'm perfectly happy with them and like the fact that the wheels/tyres are interchangeable. I don't have a great desire to try a 29er, 27.5 maybe but I don't believe the difference in the ride would be worth the further outlay for me. My heart is with bikes from 1988-1992 and that's why I'm on this site TBH. Ride what you're happy with and stop worrying about trying to convince others what is best is what I say.
I couldn't put it better my self.

RobMac":1j41szkq said:
DynaCol":1j41szkq said:
I couldn't put it better my self.

Gone soft then and changed your sig.

Latest posts

Back