Show us what you did today, thread

Dura Ace 7400 or maybe 7410 :cool: far too nice to be hanging off the back getting sprayed with muck ;)
Singlespeed it is

Jamie

Re:

Not today, but on Saturday I was down at Thruxton race circuit for a driving "experience" day, few laps in a Porsche Cayman followed by a few in a Formula Renault car, and then a fast lap as passenger in a Skoda Octavia VRS... The Octavia was by far the fastest I went around the circuit! Very impressed with that car when it's driven by someone who knows what they're doing :D

Also bumped into some guy called "Tiff", I declined to have a passenger ride in the BMW M4 though.... the man drives like a lunatic! :LOL:

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1456177434988.jpg
    FB_IMG_1456177434988.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 320
Re:

Did one at Litchfied a few year back, drove a Ferrari 360 to 120 on the sole decent straight but got the Gallardo up to about 145....

Still not the fastest I've ever gone in a car though

Back from NZ, managed one wee ride at Grasmere Lodge up near Arthurs Pass, on the south island. Sharron was away horse riding and the lodge had some Norco's, so it would have been rude not to go for a short spin since it was sunny and 28C in the middle of Feb.

NZ by Steven Clubb, on Flickr

Amazing place, but next time I go I'm leaving the wife in the UK (I'm treating the honeymoon as a scouting expedition)!

Braw! I bet you're glad to be back. And at least you brought some blue skies back with you.

Putting my trainspotter's hat on, it looks like they use the same road sign font in NZ as they do in the US for their green road signs. Isn't that interesting :facepalm:

Re:

Today I've mainly been finishing off my singlespeed build :D . I had been toying with the idea of getting rid of my Rock Lobster but having seen Jim's recent SS build it gave me the idea to give it a go too. I had the bike built with full SLX previously and have kept the changes to a minimum with the exception of fitting an On-one full carbon fork which I think suits the bike better than what it replaced and seems a bit stiffer too. Gonna get out for a quick ride tomorrow to see how I get on, have fitted a 30t chainring and 20t sprocket which should hopefully suit me but time will tell. Some nice new 2.4" Continental Trail King's will give a bit of cushioning to what I know is a stiff frame.

Attachments

• Single Speed 2.jpg
    Single Speed 2.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 237
  • Single Speed 1.jpg
    Single Speed 1.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 237
Put the Pugsley back together today. Was supposed to have been done ages ago but due to family stuff and a good few weird problems with my old BB it was put on the backburner. I thought I better get my finger out and sort it for Dunkeld but then a few hassles again with a bb cup and it was only chased out yesterday afternoon and put together this afternoon. Now Dunkeld is cancelled I will have it out as its been out of action for a while now.
I was originally going to just put it back together as it was before but then as time went on I thought of a few changes. Only minor stuff as changed the stem from black to a polished race Face, thanks Kaiser, then same for the seatpost, stem spacers etc. Polished up the sides/braking surfaces of the Large Marge rims.
Bottom bracket was a pain due to Truvativ not doing the Hussalfelt anymore and finding a 100mm one near impossible then when I did it was about £60, so I ended up just buying a standard one for £16 and using my axle and internal shield. If I changed BB then I would have to change chainset as well.
Then after a good few years using only the H bars off road I decided to try, for a change, a set of Surly Torsion bars I had picked up before NOS. I liked the bend and it was only this afternoon once it was all together that I thought, what the hell, I'll try them and see how they go. I only had a short ride but they feel really nice. They are strange long as due to the bend and where it is they tend to look from certain angles as though they aren't symmetrical. they are its just an optic.
Anyway I just thought I would share as the sun was out and the sparkly bits in the paint were noticeable. It wont unfortunately be this way for long as I must say the paint is....poo...If you look at it the wrong way bits start flaking off, I did up the brake bolts gently, and it was just flaking off. When I put the front wheel in the drop outs and was doing it up, Heather who was having a coffee on the back step remarked that she could hear the paint cracking. Oh well, such is life.
Here's a couple of pics.

Jamie
With old bars
DSC_1198 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1204 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Surly Torsion Bar by Nitto
DSC_1218 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1227 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1229 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1232 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1233 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1234 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr