Show us what you did today, thread

Re: Re:

RobMac":1iv2n8qy said:
I've got the 853 version of that or should I say frame, I'd be interested in a wee review when you have time.
I've had this one from new in 2004, when I first got back in to cycling. Took me a while to decide on which frame to get back then as this was my first new bike since 1992! and rode it pretty much every weekend for a couple of years.
Had it paired with some Pace RC36's, XT and hope mono mini's (will dig out a pic of it when I get a chance). As I said in my previous post, it's quite a stiff frame mainly due to all the hydro-formed tube shapes going on and wishbone rear end. It fits me really well though so it's not uncomfortably stiff, just doesn't waste any energy you put in. I don't have any experience of the Steel Rock Lobsters so can't offer any comparison in the ride but this is a real peach and not one I was really wanting to part with so glad I've found a use for it.

That is a really nice looking Rock Lobster Dyna. I don't have much experience with them but I don't think you could go wrong with any of them and yours looks superb.
Its funny as I seen a Rock Lobster last week in my local shop. It was being worked on and had a decal on the top tube, from memory I think it was TIG team or something like that, or Ti TIG Team. It was steel and painted fire engine red with yellow decals. Stood out from the usual stuff.

Jamie

Jamiedyer":3tmihtsk said:
That is a really nice looking Rock Lobster Dyna. I don't have much experience with them but I don't think you could go wrong with any of them and yours looks superb.
Its funny as I seen a Rock Lobster last week in my local shop. It was being worked on and had a decal on the top tube, from memory I think it was TIG team or something like that, or Ti TIG Team. It was steel and painted fire engine red with yellow decals. Stood out from the usual stuff.

Jamie
That would've been a Team TIG SL I suspect Jamie, think that was the top of the line steel frame before the 853 replaced it?
Your Surly is looking really nice too, prefer those bars you've fitted too.

Re:

Quick saunter up Glen Creran with Panda 4 and Freddie this afternoon.........then homemade haggis burgers for tea.......

twas chilly on the downhills :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

After much searching of old CD's I've finally found a pic of the Rock Lobster taken soon after i first built it (October 2004 on a trail above Westruther near Duns).

This would be a good spot for a MacRetro ride BTW if anyone is interested at some point this year.

Attachments

• 24.10.04.jpg
    24.10.04.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 197
Re: Re:

RobMac":2ooo7o7g said:
Nice preportions Col :shock:
Cheers Rob, it was a revelation at the time TBH. Disc brakes, suspension and geometry that actually fitted me properly I loved riding that bike back then.

Latest posts

Back