Show us what you did today, thread

Hi mate
Thanks very much for your offer of picking it up, it really was appreciated. I was due down today to get it but a few family issues meant it was more likely to happen if Brian got it yesterday and I drove down last night.
It was done by Rimtech and it was a fiver more than your quote but that was with dipping to strip, then blasted, zinc oxide primer, the silver coat then the clear coat with the magenta flake. Expensive but not too bad for what they did. Could have maybe been cleaned up, sorted better afterwards but hey, they painted it how I asked. So am pretty happy with the result.
I think a straight 1 colour job was £100, which wouldn't be worth it compared to many others. They were the only ones willing to do what I was trying to do/achieve. Everyone else just said 1 colour, picked straight from the RAL codes.

Jamie

Jamie

Re:

Put some decals on tonight. They were very hard as the main 'SURLY' decals stuck to the backing paper, so its a bit scratched on the edges in places where I had to hold it with a nail to get it off. I did debate leaving of the main SURLY decals but put them on anyway. I did them in the old style white instead of black and this may be why the decals were a bit funny, the little bag was stamped 2007 :roll:
Hopefully once built will look OK. I am quite liking this as I can get it back together after Christmas but then slowly try changing a few things about as time goes on.
Anyway, just thought I would share and also say Merry Christmas to all my fellow retrobikers, have a great day no matter where you are.

Jamie

DSC_1123 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1127 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1119 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1114 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSC_1122 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

no worries Jamie, i guessed Brian would probably get it for you, but i thought i'd offer anyway :xmas-cool:

Pug looks good with some decals on, looking forward to seeing it finished! :xmas-big-grin:

some red bottle bolts might draw your eye in to the red flake.......

We had some major gales up this way last night and after spending a good while last night making sure everything was battened down and safe, it was great to wake up to a sunny, clear and still morning. Just to make sure we weren't getting too smug the forecast was for the winds to ramp up again at about 4 pm and build up to about 73miles an hour around 9 tonight.
Anyway with such nice weather and me having the day off Caleb and I decided that we would head round the coast on the LHT and see what was about. We decided to take some lunch and have it at one of the small harbour/beachs.
It wasn't a long ride in terms of miles but we were out for about 2 1/2 hours or so and had many stops as usual. Looking at everything from the farm animals to the turns to the many seals where we had our sandwiches. The breeze got stronger as we went but not too bad at all and while it was quite cool, the sun and general crispness took your mind off of it. Caleb was in his jeans with a vest, LS T shirt, fleece and jumper so was well wrapped up but still got a bit cold at the shore at lunch. This was despite him keeping his helmet on, under which he had my sealskin cap on. Also wool gloves. He had a ball and the fresh air helps take some of the energy out of a five year old, well for a short period anyway.
Best weather we have had for a few days so thought we would make the most of it. Sunday wasn't too bad in the middle of the day and we managed to all get out for a short family ride, but it was only nice for a small window, not like today.
As I write this I have the wind howling against the house so better get the dog out for his walk while I can.
Hope anyone else who has today off had good weather for whatever you are doing. Hope you all had a lovely Christmas as well.

Jamie

Looking out from the house over to Hoy and all looks clear :)
DSCN2167 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Bottom of the road with Dunnett Head in the background
DSCN2169 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

The boy
DSCN2171 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Seals in the background
DSCN2175 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

DSCN2180 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Selfie
DSCN2182 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Sandwiches and pastries
DSCN2183 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Across to Hoy
DSCN2189 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Hazy but clear, starting to cool down again
DSCN2193 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Nearly home and a look back along the coast
DSCN2195 by Jamie Dyer, on Flickr

Re:

wow, you must have some epic views across the water jamie, and the night skies must be pretty amazing up there too! very nice! :xmas-cool:

Yes its a rare occurrence and when it does happen, usually due to the wind it changes pretty quickly. So it was very welcome after last night to awake to clear skies and no wind :)

Jamie

Back