Show us what you did today, thread

gmac123":1gk39um2 said:
a Gitane you say... is this new addition Mr P?

A couple of years ago I got this frameset and a bundle of parts....

Still only a frameset at the moment but would look a bit like this....

http://classiclightweights.net/france/g ... 77-gitane/

Paintwork is real nice :facepalm:

Plan was to swap bits off the Flying Scot whilst that frame was away for paint etc but not happened yet :facepalm: :facepalm:

Re:

Its all French threaded but I got all the necessary French parts to fit as part of the bundle including an almost unused set of Mafac CP brakes. Not bad for less than the price of an Eroica ticket :xmas-big-grin:

Re:

That is really nice Mr P. We will have to get together for a road ride sometime, nothing too organised just a nice ride somewhere central to everyone.
When are you hoping to have this beauty built up?
I had to lighten the load in the loft before Christmas as needed to free up some cash for some unexpected bills. Sold the Colnago master and the Hobbs Blue Riband. I do miss the Hobbs and regret it a bit but thats the way it goes. I dont regret the sale of the Colnago if only because I didn't really have specific plans for it as I will always ride my Merckx if I want to ride anything post 1990.
I do have another slightly old frame in the loft that I really do want to restore and ride. I'll build it and ride it a while to make sure its as good as I think and if it pans out I will then get it painted.
We need a road ride soon I think ;)

Jamie

Re: Re:

Jamiedyer":28bt4z6e said:
We need a road ride soon I think ;) Jamie

was thinking that on Sunday, I was driving up Glen Lyon on route to a day in the hills, still annoyed I missed that ride, looks a great loop.

Re: Re:

gmac123":34r4amy5 said:
Jamiedyer":34r4amy5 said:
We need a road ride soon I think ;) Jamie

was thinking that on Sunday, I was driving up Glen Lyon on route to a day in the hills, still annoyed I missed that ride, looks a great loop.

I was thinking precisely this yesterday. Glen Lyon is v pretty in autumn though.

Back