Show us what you did today, thread

it does look like one the forks a bit straighter on mine
going to be a fun project
then going to give it back to my dad for his birthday he built it from bits in the early 80s and been in his shed unused for at least 20 years ever since he got his alu marin palasades trail

Built up the Swift and went out for a trundle. Lovely post-ride Californian beer to go with the weather...

DSC_2218.jpg

Doesn't feel as flickable as the Mary, although this is possibly because I've been riding the Stumpy and nothing else for the past couple of months. Nice to be 29ering/half-fatting again though.

Re: Re:

kaiser":1hk374qd said:
Sweetest! More pics please.
Nae chance, you'll laugh at the ano red seatpost :oops:

It's a work in progress, waiting on some bits from CRC, and the purple oury grips that would have went really well the frame are out of stock at on-one. Not convinced by the broon Charge saddle anymore either, and yes, I do need to get a nice black seatpost for it.

It's rideable, that's the main thing.

Re:

Put a Ritchey SPD pedal back together having resprayed the body

Had to use the other one for reference , to see how it went back together ! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Attachments

• SPD refurb.jpg
    SPD refurb.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 168
Re: Re:

zigzag":3bnmghoe said:
It's rideable, that's the main thing.

Great work Aaron, i just cant get used to the look of 29'er's and "fat" bikes, i can see their place but style and asthetics over function is everything to me which is why i built and rode a Manitou FS and if i won the Lotto would run out and buy a Lamborghini Miura :LOL: (if you google it you will find they were the most beautiful car ever made but an absolute swine to drive)

Mike Muz 67":3bnmghoe said:
Put a Ritchey SPD pedal back together having resprayed the body

Had to use the other one for reference , to see how it went back together ! :LOL: :LOL:

Mike

Great work Mike, you are a braver man than me stripping an SPD Pedal :LOL:

Re:

I was slightly more MacPatriotic, going for some of Glasgow's finest steelwork and some of Renfrewshire's tastiest..........albeit in Aberdeenshire.........

:D

Re:

Stripping it was the easy bit !
It was getting it back together that was a right PITA ! :LOL:
A bit like trying to get a Hendrix solo together , but not quite succeeding !
The worst bit is , I now know what I've got to face getting the other one back together , once it's been painted :facepalm:

Mike

Re:

:shock: Gulp .

I've just realised , I've crept across the border :oops: :facepalm:

Back