Show us what you did today, thread

Re: Re:

epicyclo":1k40ytqt said:
Possibly, and for only £0.99, no Rickenbackers need go unstrung :)
Oh I know... but where's the fun in that? :D Rickenbacker was restrung last year -- not a decade too soon, either -- and now I've discovered what it is the old strings would come in useful for!

Re:

There is... Though probably I'll end up regretting it one day, miles from home with the pawls refusing to engage :) I was wrong about the string size - looking it up (rather than relying on memory) it's more like .33 mm; 0.013"

Still pretty tiny for what it does!

Re: Re:

ajm":6j6w3h73 said:
There is... Though probably I'll end up regretting it one day, miles from home with the pawls refusing to engage :) I was wrong about the string size - looking it up (rather than relying on memory) it's more like .33 mm; 0.013"

Still pretty tiny for what it does!

It's shocking how unreliable they are.

You need to replace them every 50 years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first... :)

Re:

Got home from work at lunchtime , to find a small but important package waiting for me .
T'was a 1" Aheadset and some spacers that I'd been waiting for to finish one of my bikes off .
A little while later it was in :cool:

Mike

Attachments

• Cane creek.jpg
    Cane creek.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 110
Out yesterday on the LHT with Caleb in his trailer. We did a loop of about 30 miles or so inland, in a zigzag type route to Thurso. Had a milkshake and a chocolate brownie at our freind Audreys cafe and then came home along the coast. A long ride time wise as we stopped at the beachs, bays, harbours as well as for lambs and calves on the way.
A good ride and I really noticed the trailer at the end of it, the hill up to home had me thinking I had a flat rear tyre, it was really just knackered legs :)
I've been trying to take him further and further each time and for longer durations as he wants to come with me to Orkney, so I just need to make sure he can do it.
Just thought I'd share and while I am back in work tomorrow, I hope you guys have the bank holiday off and get some riding in.
Cheers
Jamie

Back