Show us what you did today, thread

dyna-ti":2jty0sjv said:
Something white cos Jeesus those are bright :shock:
What do the rims cost Eck?

I got them from rob for £20 a piece andy :cool: I had the hubs lying about so just threw them together for something to do :LOL:

It's pretty easy andy , to start off with you should strip a wheel and rebuild it with another wheel beside you to look at incase you get muddled up ;)

You'd be supprised how easy it is ;)

Aye, I agree...

If I can do it - pretty much anyone can.

I used this ebook to learn, and I'm pretty sure that I won't be the only one on here that has.

£9 very well spent in my opinion as you get free updates for life once you've bought it.

It also includes instructions on how to build your own jig and dishing tool which has saved me about £100 and is sturdier and way more flexible in its applications than most shop-bought ones - it works with any sized wheel and I made my own attachments for building/truing a Maverick 24/7 hub.

http://www.wheelpro.co.uk/wheelbuilding/book.php

:cool:

I agree with Eck and Andy(mistermonkeywrench) that it's not too hard, mainly requires patience and taking your time.

Prior to building my wheels with Mavic rims and Hope hubs, I'd already changed the rims on 2 wheels which allowed me to learn the process of truing and tensioning a wheel. Changing a rim just involves taping new rim to old them transfer the spokes over followed by truing/tensioning.
Building from scratch I used some wheelbuilding "how to" articles in an old MTB mag from the early '90's and more info on Sheldon Brown's site.
Think I'll buy the Wheelpro wheelbuilding book though as well, meant to do it ages ago but put it off.

Even incompetent me has built a couple of wheels that have not expoded yet. Requires patience and possibly a bit of perfectionist leanings so why I've pulled it off is beyond me :LOL:

I'm home now, still a bit tired hopefully get out on the bike at the weekend.

Last week I did this...
http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/102130341
2 cat 2 climbs, 2 cat 4's and 5 cat 5's - we started at sea level and the bottom of this valley was around 700 ft up.
IMAG0219.jpg

Also did this on an electric bike :) ...
IMG_6927.jpg

This one is for Zigzag....
I didn't do these....
IMG_6885.jpg

the work part was looking at stuff like this...
IMG_6882.jpg

Back