Show us what you did today, thread

clockworkgazz":2blf5cwm said:
Why go for old crappy rubber? Ive got some very good nick mythos amberwalls if you want?
I'd normally be the first to agree with you Gazz, but I'm thinking I might try and do this one right.

I've actually got a set of mythos just sitting, and I'm trying to resist just fitting them. Plus I think they're pretty shite too, you've now got me worried about how bad '80s rubber could be...

Ha ha I like the mythos, had them at the drum on the yo and they worked just fine but hey ho. I think if you can get some nos tyres which are still softish then you will be fine, i gave some ground controls to kaiser a wee while back, pretty dirty they were but since they were free you might want to see if he is going to use them? Mind and buy that body armour that gary is selling for your maiden ride ;)

Fresh disaster has hit my sunn xchox. A quick history lesson: bought frame, spent ages building it up, test ride, shock goosed. Shock has no markings, spend ages sourcing something else with the right eye to eye, find something, go to fit, need new bolt, get new bolt, go to fit again and...

DSC00476-1.jpg

It fouls the bloody frame :x It's sp close - I'm not sure if you can see in the picture but the the bit that hits the frame is a ring of peaks and troughs to aid taking the shock apart - if one of the troughs were at the top instead of a peak it might would fit.

That was my first thought as well, and it would work but the wider part of the shock (currently at the rear) fouls the frame when it's in the other mount at the front.

Back