Show us what you did today, thread

Went for a run on bargain Raleigh number 2 , the '98 (I think) M-Trax.
Elderslie to Bridge of Weir along th cycle track. Then up the hill to Quarriers then further up to the Scout camp at South Newton. Then up some more to Hardridge farm. Then it was just me and the cows and sheep. Up and over the Duchal grouse moor. Then downhill to Lochwinnoch and back along the cycle path. No idea how far I went or how much I climbed but the weather and scenery were great.

Photo-00261.jpg

Photo-0025.jpg

Photo-0024.jpg

Photo-0023.jpg

Photo-0018.jpg

Made a new bolt for a Suntour seat quick release, the old one was too wee for the Ibis frame so I made a longer one and made it from stainless for good measure.

6957288241_b2ea814375_b.jpg

zigzag":2uhzcb0r said:
That looks pish. So glad I was sat in an office all day.

What's with the wee railway?

the wee railway was for taking shooting parties up onto the moor.
It closed in the '60s I think.

King George V used to come up to shoot grouse here

I was out for about 3 hours

I'm liking the Monkey even more, looks good outside.

I put the new hanger on the Mary, sorted the gears (vaguely) and went for a trundle.

dscf3001c.jpg

Beautiful day. Up Muiravonside Park, drying out nicely, there's some quite nice singletrack up there. Followed the Avon Heritage Trail down to Linlithgow, that was really good too, much more to it than just a walkers trail, rooty and rocky in sections. Then up the hill to Bo'ness, really nice wee bit of trail down from the brow of the hill, then over into Kinneil woods where three kids on BMXs showed me up with there gap jumping skills. Superb, wish I had the skills and bawz.

Still a bit too much tarmac on the way back home though, need to work on that.

Nice pic ZZ. You still loving the big wheels? You will need to get a pub on that route and we can do a run round your trails :D

Just think mr k will be wading thru a freezing river just about now :LOL:

Back