Show us what you did today, thread

Aye, at Inners last week he showed me the scree slope they'd be scrambling up, and the muddy bog they'd be running through. Wasn't feeling it...

I do like the big wheels. The Haro's great, its the shitty Sram shifters and crappy truvativ bearings in the BB that let it down. And the rider of course...

Check out this beast of a skipping rope :) , 10mm steel wire, solid metal handles weigh around a pound each, sealed bearings, i've worn out and broke a few ropes, this should last a while.

Hard work though, can go three minutes with the speed rope but could only manage a minute so far with this.

SAM_0386.jpg

Spent most of today digging out this hole in the garden, going to be a bin bay as i'm sick of the sight of the friggin things, at least here they will be mostly out of sight instead of at the end of the drive.

SAM_0387.jpg

No riding this weekend though :cry:

Nice bin bay :LOL: I've a similar set of ropes albeit with a leather cord rather than the wire, weighted handles do cause a bit of forearm burn!

Those should last a while Mark.

I went for a 17 mile hilly loop on the road bike, then I did some heavy manual labour in the kitchen... my wife supervised while I made some flapjacks.

dscf3026q.jpg

Braw. Next batch will have melty chocolate on top I think.

Looks good baron, where is that?

I did a 13mile mostly off road run with mini and ultraminiken, good trails but the single track was spoiled by jakeys on mx bikes, after they shot past us the kids got a little nervous about going for it. After today I've decided pitmedden will be too hard for the little one, his wee wheels kept getting stuck between the roots so he really struggled at times.

No training this weekend so Tuesday night will hopefully be a 40miler ....if I can get back from my road run quick enough to start the MTB one.

Doing some essential Mtb maintainence tonight to try and sort the seizing front calliper I have. And to grease my pedals and bottom bracket, hopefully don't need new bearings quite yet but might be safer replacing them before torridon.

had another go at building me sts ,then all and sundry bloody turned up
then rob too (tbh the only one that was welcome was rob )
they didn't feck aff till about 6 ,tho rob made haste early on ,take me with you next time dad

also forgot to picc that dawg primo for you TK

kaiser":343txknk said:
Nice bin bay :LOL: I've a similar set of ropes albeit with a leather cord rather than the wire, weighted handles do cause a bit of forearm burn!

May try a leather one, will still like to use a speed rope as well as the heavy one, current speed rope is a wire one but the plastic coating has cracked and flaked off in bits.

I assume it's no ideal for a novice skipper then Jimi?
Wouldn't want that rapping me across the shins. Worse than a beartrap. :LOL:

I finally got the M2 into a semi ride-able state today so had to give it a wee whirl around the block to test it out. :cool:

IMGP0070.jpg

Still a few wee bits to do (fit back brake, saddle angle, stem height) but should be done soon. :D

Back