Show us what you did today, thread

How much!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: My LBS was £15 including fitting for Ritchey cork based bar tape.

Looking good though. I like the blue

:shock: :shock: they saw you coming, honestly I'd take that back :LOL:

I know, Dales have always been expensive, first time i've been in there in about 15 years, probably be another 15 before i'm there again :LOL: , was only in there as i was at the BMW dealer next door buying exhaust mounts.

to be fair that tape is £21 on CRC and wiggle, you just bought the most expensive tape there is.

I have some easton stuff you can have gratis - it's really good if you like yellow :) - or buy it in black from wiggle at £7.50

You tube tape fitting BTW, theres more to it than just wrapping it around the bars. For instance winding it one way will mean the tape tightens as you lean on it and another tip is not to tape the tape to the bars at the end but to tape the tape.

There is a great video on the park tools website about tape wrapping. Tech section under the blogs and restoration I think.

edit to add:

About half way down this page.

kaiser":3onhehi7 said:
You tube tape fitting BTW, theres more to it than just wrapping it around the bars. For instance winding it one way will mean the tape tightens as you lean on it and another tip is not to tape the tape to the bars at the end but to tape the tape.

indeed lots of hidden messages in bar tape winding , getting it wrong can
mean all sorts of trouble , or in the right crowd , all sorts of fun

bit like the hanging bananas on the end of your shopping trolley
blue tooth seeker on , know what i mean ;) :shock: :shock:

Back