My journey in retro MTBs since moving to Spain 2 months a go (3 bikes!)

I live in North Spain, the green Spain, so we have lot of nice areas. Los of single tracks like this, that is why I still loove a good 26" bicycle, not a big tire and wide handlebar, here are a night mare.

My biggest bicycle is 27.5, a Yo Eddie and a SB5T and they have to deal with this ...
View attachment 889600

Despite you see a close area, it isn´t. It is a open wide area very long distance frendly because you have lot of tracks and not many hard climbs if you avoid them.

But not far are the mountains and they are very nice (that is my car, this climb is around 800m from bottom to top)

View attachment 889601

And about 60km the image change a lot. No more mountains. I have done some routes in my Bromton. Easy roads. I live in the middle, so I don´t usually have to take the car to go to the mountains or the flats.

View attachment 889604

And of course you can ride nice retro bicycles and enjoy them. It is not the imagen tourist have of Spain, it is the real Spain. The coast is full of turist and a bit crowded. But yes, tapas are everywhere. Food is more important than buying stuff etc Health and a job is first, them the rest of things will come.

View attachment 889605

And after a good day with the bicycle ... some tapas :)

This is very tipical of my city, you cal black puding but it is far from that :D Easy and tastefull.

View attachment 889606

Torreznos ... if you don´t like ... you are not human.

View attachment 889607

But yes, I ´m adited at Patatas bravas, not all taste the same. But I cannot stop 🫣

View attachment 889608

Whereabouts are you buddy?

We did a tour around north Spain a few years ago. Very beautiful.

Whereabouts are you buddy?

We did a tour around north Spain a few years ago. Very beautiful.
My city is Burgos. A mid size city in Castilla Y Leon. Out of the turist crowded area.

We have many types of landscapes, it is a complex provincia. We have a nice Canyon (Cañon del Ebro), one of the largest caves of Europe, Homo antecesor live here, Pretroleum camp (not active) High mountains or plain landscapes, lakes or flats, Middle age castles and villages ...

It is interesting to discover that your own area is full of points you can visit.

I have been in Ebro Canyon doing some routes and ... you want to stop the clock. It doesn´t mater were are you from. This planet is a jewel and I feel at home if it is sunny and have abeautifull landscape despite being far away from home. In this case I´m 60km frar away :)

1727889246692.jpeg

Where are the dragons? This is Frias. Annother nice area to do a trip with a bicycle.

1727889430787.jpeg

And one of the best road or MTB climbs of the area, Lagunas de Neila. This climb is part sometimes of Vuelta a España and Vuelta a Burgos both proffesional races. You will need a nice road bicycle o MTB to enjoy this route :)

1727889538419.jpeg

If you have seen the film The Good, The Bad and The Ugly, you have seen Burgos province in this scene 😅
1727889903920.jpeg

Sad Hill is near in Lerma, a nice village. There is usually more than one thing to see in the same area but requires to prepare and know a little bit. This area of Lerma has lot of interesting things (desfiladero de la Yecla, Convento de Silos, were the gregorian music was famous) some amazing villages etc

1727890380304.jpeg

Last edited:
Back