Show us what you did today, thread

Road bike, just last roundabout before home, I knew I should stick with MTB for the rest of the day as I had nice morning ride on Fat :evil:

Unfortunately i cant show as camera has no power :( But today i took delivery of a C2 no4 calliper[48mm] for my 65mm 1997 Z2.Incredibly it appears to be working perfectly :shock: ,shame the Z2 rebound cartridge is stuffed but ive upped the oil from 7.5wt to 10wt so that should slow down the rebound a bit :?

The Ken":15bw99z3 said:
Glad you're ok Rado, MTB could have slid just as easily though - studded tyres an option?
I think studded tyres are really good when you're on solid ice or off road type ground.On the road its a different matter with ice only affecting some of the road,i think you'd find that on the clear sections the studs could present a difficulty with them slipping :?

Winter ice is a nightmare over here Radek,we're lucky so far that this year has been relatively clear.
Hope it didnt leave you with too bad of a headache :)

Winter ice is everywhere including Poland but over here we UK residents are crap at dealing with it be it in its removal or in riding on it. I suspect Rado fell foul of our inability to get rid of it on our road surfaces :roll:

I have a silly plan to build a tricycle to keep me upright but I suspect if I ever get it built either winter will be over or it'll brake at a bad moment :oops: :LOL:

Hi

I'm new here, but just bought a used Orange P7 (year 2000 frame) today. Never been on a bike for 27 years, since i was a teenager !!

Am doing a Maggies cancer charity Monster Bike & Hike challenge in May. 31.5 miles by bike, then a 41.2 mile walk from Fort William to Inverness in 24 hrs, along the great glen way.

I don't actually have the bike yet, but i do know that the seat post (or shim maybe) is stuck in the frame, so i will have to free that somehow. Don't know anything about bikes, so am after some advice about which parts i'll need to buy. Hopefully one of you experts will be able to tell from the picture perhaps ?

Have had a quick look and it seems to me that i will need a maximum of four parts:-
1) seat post - what width should it be, what length should it be, should it be straight or have a bend in it, what material is it best to be made from ??
2) shim - i take it this is some kind of adapter to make a seat post fit snugly inside the frame. If so, what size should it adapt from / to ?
3) a clamp to hold the seat post in position - what size do i need, what material should it be made from ?
4) saddle - will any saddle fit to any seat post ??

Sorry for asking for such basic info but i am a total beginner. Have done a google to get as much info as i can. Would like to buy the parts soon so they are here at the same time as the bike, or at least know what to buy after i inspect the bike.

Les

Attachments

• OrangeP7_001.jpg
    OrangeP7_001.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 81
That looks OK ;)
Hope you got the right size for you.

1. I'd stick with a straight alloy one, I'd have to check what size you need & dont use shims.
2. Shims you dont need them/dont use them.
3. Again I'd need to see what size you need, I'd suggest a alloy Q/Release one.
4. Pretty well any saddle will fit any seat post, which saddle to buy is a personal thing.

We/Im here to help ;)

Les the likelihood of you having to buy anything for your bike is about zero, except maybe your saddle as the chances of having something you'd be comfortable with is slim. I use light weight razor blades :shock:

Thanks, look forward to your replies, re specification of parts for my bike.

I'll start off doing some saddle research - want a comfy one !!

Les (from Kirkcaldy)

Back