Show me your KHS.

Re: Re:

Prodigal Son":2lav8wss said:
TSC.":2lav8wss said:
Thread resurrection, any other KHS's resurfaced since the last entry?

My 1991 Team and 1993 Team:

Ritchey P frame alert. :D
Very similar, designed by Tom, using the same tubeset and forks, but not brazed by him.

TSC.":2969u8v7 said:
Prodigal Son":2969u8v7 said:
TSC.":2969u8v7 said:
Thread resurrection, any other KHS's resurfaced since the last entry?

My 1991 Team and 1993 Team:

Ritchey P frame alert. :D
Very similar, designed by Tom, using the same tubeset and forks, but not brazed by him.

I tried to buy this bike in the 90s. Ordered thru a KHS rep in south america and it never arrived. I waited and waited till i realized their people down here were not for real.

Prodigal Son":2u0z2k2l said:
I tried to buy this bike in the 90s. Ordered thru a KHS rep in south america and it never arrived. I waited and waited till i realized their people down here were not for real.
Damn, I'd be gutted waiting and waiting then nothing. I had a brief moment when my '91 frameset was missing during it's journey from the US to the UK.

And I've just bought yet another KHS frame and forks D'oh! Its a 92/3 Montana Comp in 17" as I just love the pink forks and frame.. Will show some pics of some of them at some point when I get some spare time..... I promise.

I will need to sell some of them at some point as I have too many frankly..

Cheers

James

TheEasyLife":1345y97d said:
And I've just bought yet another KHS frame and forks D'oh! Its a 92/3 Montana Comp in 17" as I just love the pink forks and frame.. Will show some pics of some of them at some point when I get some spare time..... I promise.

I will need to sell some of them at some point as I have too many frankly..

Cheers

James

Not selling the 17" frameset? I have a 21" but it's way too large...

My Montana Pro - picked up cheap on Gumtree and modified with a few bits out the stash in my garage. Actually bought the grips though!

Much nicer once the short, high rise stem disappeared.

Do like wider bars though - opens up whole new possibilities when it comes to hammering it!

Attachments

• KHS 1 reduced.jpg
    KHS 1 reduced.jpg
    221.5 KB · Views: 726
  • KHS two reduced.jpg
    KHS two reduced.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 726
Re:

I find 3 speed (tringle?) a great compromise: one for uphill, one for downhill, one for everything else. Saves quite a bit of weight, so with nice wide bars you can wrangle it up silly slopes.

Back