Selle Italia Flite 1990 Saddle 2011

Ive got one too. Its very nice.
The only major difference is thet they made rails further from the body and more perpendicular with the ground.
Its better functionally but its a pitty cause for hardcore retro snob its easily recognisable :D

Agency_Scum":ad42dbx8 said:
Morten,
you're a very lovely person for posting this up! Cheers mate!

No problem! ;)

I think I could live with the small changes, when there is no scuffs or rips or tears or ... :)

Cheers,

CAPIN":39oqzr10 said:
Ive got one too. Its very nice.
The only major difference is thet they made rails further from the body and more perpendicular with the ground.
Its better functionally but its a pitty cause for hardcore retro snob its easily recognisable :D

You mean you arse doesn't hit the seatpost top now over on hard landings on the seat or the post clamp doesn't wear away at the edges of the seat.

Exactly! .. part of experience riding on early nineties frame with waay short wheelbase with components not being able to withstand serious off-road riding due to following standards of road stuff,
with terrible brakes and very flexy suspension with no rebound, you wandered wether not putting your rigid fork back...

retrobike you know.. ;)

That remake of the original Flite is all wrong in design (read: ugly). The original Flite have a thinner design and the rails are closer to the base of the seat it self almost half hiding the seatpost mount underneath.

Here is the original design
blacksell-1296962292-2185.jpg

blacksell-1296962295-2187.jpg

blacksell-1296962296-2188.jpg

!CFO9B(g!mk~$(KGrHqUOKpwE0Vqn+umhBNUbb6d39g~~_12.JPG

The new design
!CEv3KiQBWk~$(KGrHqZ,!hYE0fhM!K34BNS1Imzwwg~~0_12.JPG

The new Flite is a lookalike - a fake!

it's not as nice as the lean old one, but I do like the initiative! I'm still hoping more tire factories will make new skinwall tires...

Rio":1aiaxijn said:
it's not as nice as the lean old one, but I do like the initiative! I'm still hoping more tire factories will make new skinwall tires...

now that I can agree on

Good stuff

This is good to see!

I go from one extreme to the other with saddles: Brooks or Selle Filte Ti!

Back