Sealskinz socks

the great roberto

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Is it me,or are these not as waterproof as they would have you believe ?
Mine are ok for about an hour then start to feel damp inside.
If i do a short ride and the outsides get wet then my feet are ok when i get home, but i put my hands inside them a couple of hours later,then the wet has come through

Mine are brill, had em for 4 years and they are as dry today as they were the day I bought them......

Mine are going into their 3rd winter and I can't fault them. They get washed with the rest of the kit and I also turn them inside out for complete drying.

If they leak then send them back for a replacement.
I've heard of a few faulty ones every now and then. I've had three pairs over the last 8 years or so, and they've never leaked.
Essential bit of winter kit.

just got my first pair this week...sick of getting my feet piss wet through and i just cant bring myself to wear overshoes

bought a set of gloves bitd when i first discovered them, leaked like a facet. it's gortex or nothing with respect to waterproof gear for me.

RockiMtn":m0y7j0mr said:
bought a set of gloves bitd when i first discovered them, leaked like a facet. it's gortex or nothing with respect to waterproof gear for me.

The sealskinz gloves I had recently were terrible. I'm too traumatised to discuss it though.

I used to swear by them, although I've had a coupleof crappy pairs.
But now I've got Shimano winter boots... Oooh, lovely. It's just amazing riding through a puddle and feeling the cold and wet NOT get into your shoes.

drystonepaul":yosjjtzl said:
RockiMtn":yosjjtzl said:

The sealskinz gloves I had recently were terrible. I'm too traumatised to discuss it though.

no kidding! :roll: big waste of money, regretted spending every cent on it!

Back