Rugby World Cup

If Scotland win by 7 points and Argentina beat Georgia then Mr Johnson will be on his way home

I think :)

I was supporting France yesterday and Argentina today. I am pretty sure England are already through to the knockout stage.

Good confidence boosting win for Wales :cool: . Looks like its going to be an Ireland v Wales quarter-final

Here's my take on the possible outcomes for the Scotland v England game
It also depends upon Argentina scoring 4 tries and getting the bonus point against Georgia and giving them 15 points in the Pool. This is very likely although not certain.

➡️ Scotland beat England by scoring more than 4 tries. England fail to stay within 7 points of the Scots at full time then Scotland and Argentina go through both getting 15 Pool points to England's 14.

➡️ Scottish Win by a clear 7 points. Argentina and Scotland go through. This scenario will mean that England will have failed to get a bonus point for staying within a converted try

Direct from RWC Rule book

If at the completion of the pool phase two or more teams are level on match points, then the following criteria shall be used in the following order until one of the Teams can be determined as the higher ranked:

1. The winner of the match in which the two tied teams have played each other shall be the higher ranked;

➡️ Draw. England and Argentina go through

➡️ English victory - enough said

➡️ This is the heartbreak one for the Scots. They beat England by 6 points but fail to score 4 tries. Scotland will finish the Pool on 14 points. England on 15 points. If Argentina fail to get the bonus try against Georgia they will still qualify with England as they beat the Scots in the Pool game.

Seems complicated but what every England fan needs to know is that if Scotland get a 7 point lead then they need to start worrying. Scotland still have everything to play for and England could get a little jittery out there. On recent form England should win. But the history between these two teams means that Victory and qualification is there for whoever wants it bad enough.

Sorry for my friend's across the Bridge but C'MON THE SCOTS :cool:

They've got no chance!!!!!

Sorry I usually back the Scot's before other nations as I do have some Scottish ancestry, but they haven't got a snowball's chance in hell. They just haven't turned up to this World Cup at all. Apart from Dan Park's kicking boot, but that's about it.

I agree that Scottish play has been very poor.

BUT

Never say never. The only team I would bet on beating any of the other Major nations is New Zealand. In all the other games 80 minutes of passion can cause heart break.

O flower of Scotland
When will we see your like again
That fought and died for
Your wee bit hill and glen
And stood against him
Proud Edward's army
And sent him homeward
Tae think again

If the Saxons ;) think that this will be a walk over then they could be setting themselves up fo one of the biggest falls in RWC history.

I can guarantee you that the the Springboks are.

The Irish victory was awesome but Australia are still a hard team to beat for any nation. Australia beat the Boks twice in the Tri Nations. Beating South Africa is hard. Even New Zealand failed at Port Elizabeth this year, Australia done them.

We (as in Northern Hemisphere) are quite lucky the way the Pool stages are going as there is a North / South split on each side of the post qualifying matches routes. If there wasn't I'm 100% sure it would be a Tri Nation RWC Final.

As it turns out there will definitely be a 6 Nations Team in the final. But who will it be? Hmmmmmm I wonder. Whoever it is they will lose :)

New Zealand will have a Tri Nation foe in the Semi and I just cannot see them losing. The last two Tri Nation results don't mean anything as it's the RWC that they want and deserve.

Unless Scotland rise like a phoenix against England. One of these matches will be the Final

Wales v New Zealand

England v New Zealand

Ireland v New Zealand

France v New Zealand

That finalists place is wide open. With the 6 Nations teams now likely to be playing each other in the quarter and semi finals. This means that the route to the RWC Final is really open. Any of these teams can beat each other and get there. Once there though it's going to be a very 'black' day for them.

The only way that any of these teams will win is if New Zealand have a nightmare and the opposition are given a helping hand from above. Can anybody really see New Zealand NOT winning the 2011 RWC?

Back