Rugby World Cup

I'm in Newport on wednesday Taffy......

An actual conversation I had once with a Welshman;

Me:"Do you not think the Welsh accent sometimes makes you sound a bit thick?"

Dai:"If you can guess how many apples I've got in my pockets you can have both of them!"

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I live here and I'm not excited....
I'm actually pinning my hopes on Argentina!
NZ came 7th in the last worldcup.... just waiting to see if we can do any better this time... not counting on it to be honest.

Re: .

Grannygrinder":35v023lq said:
Pretty sure we've spanked the irish since you 'sneaked' your victory the other week :D :D
Our group is a doddle, but we must win the group to avoid New zealand(i think) in the quarters :shock:

And yes, good luck to all, especially the ones in white with a red cross ;)

Georgia? I think they'll struggle not to end up lifeless at the bottom of the pool!

1 game down. Not as convincing as it should have been for NZ over Tonga but 41 - 10 isn't bad...

The AB's won't choke this time. Foregone conclusion chaps. :D

Arran":qnjabm3v said:
1 game down. Not as convincing as it should have been for NZ over Tonga but 41 - 10 isn't bad...

The AB's won't choke this time. Foregone conclusion chaps. :D

Don't bet on it!
I think Aussie are going to be a force to be reckoned with, perhaps England...
I'm a NZ'er through and through and I don't hold to much hope for the All Blacks to be honest.

Unusually poor performance from JW's boot :?
Also very lucky that Argentina have no one able to kick a ball :LOL: :LOL:
Happy that we managed to step it up a bit in the last 15 mins to take the win, but by no means a convincing performance.
Nice to get the dodgy game out of the way early though :D :D
Don't think Lewis Moody was very happy about having his eye gauged judging by his language :LOL: :LOL:

Onwards and upwards ;)

No offence meant to those on the other side of the Bridge but the Argies deserved to win that. England were no where for 90% of that game and Wilkinson's kicking was atrocious.

Wins a win though ;)

Anyone know any good recipes for hat?!?

Seriously though, we were pretty pony, although you do need to factor in first world cup game nerves for a young side and the fact that Argentina are a bloody good team, certainly much more capable than Scotland and Italy. When they start playing in the Tri Nations they will become a world force.

Not nice to have your first pool game against the next best team in the group either, although not sure how that affected the Scotland game!!!!

We'll get some cricket scores in the next couple of games, get the confidence back up, beat the Jocks and be straight back on course for the final, you'll see!!!!

Back