RIP Pre-Trek Klein Sea & Sky...

IME they're rather bendy, and I've seen too many exploded ones to trust them. Metal spokes FTW :)

:shock: :? :cry:

Why not a neo retro bike (It's really not my cup of tea) But change this ugly fork for a klein fork, and this ugly stem-bar for an original mission control…

marin man":1h7i38gg said:
Neil G":1h7i38gg said:
bryanus":1h7i38gg said:
+1
I've got nothing against modenizing old bikes and have done it myself but the wheels are just complete s**t. It's NOT a road bike!
These wheels were made for ten years pre 1999 so they are not modernising it really are they :?:
And as to them being shit that is only your ill informed opinion is'nt it :?:
and not fact :!: Several very famous riders raced on these bitd and they never had any problems :!: I find it is generally just people who have never had any themselves that slate them,or people who read a litigation companies advert on the internet :roll: If you have direct experience then comment if not keep your ill informed opinions to yourself :roll:

Less of the 'ill informed' please, I'd settle for salt ridden opinion thanks :D

I couldn't care who rode them and wether they didn't break...they look gash. period.

Neil G":67v6ybva said:
marin man":67v6ybva said:
Neil G":67v6ybva said:
bryanus":67v6ybva said:
+1
I've got nothing against modenizing old bikes and have done it myself but the wheels are just complete s**t. It's NOT a road bike!
These wheels were made for ten years pre 1999 so they are not modernising it really are they :?:
And as to them being shit that is only your ill informed opinion is'nt it :?:
and not fact :!: Several very famous riders raced on these bitd and they never had any problems :!: I find it is generally just people who have never had any themselves that slate them,or people who read a litigation companies advert on the internet :roll: If you have direct experience then comment if not keep your ill informed opinions to yourself :roll:

Less of the 'ill informed' please, I'd settle for salt ridden opinion thanks :D

I couldn't care who rode them and wether they didn't break...they look gash. period.

+1 :LOL:

Archangel":pywkygrl said:
To 'tigerkai':
Forks however, are a different story. MC2 rigid forks (Uniklein and Strata) are extremey hard to find and they usually command prices from about 300-1000 GBP, Stratas (Adroit fork) being way more expensive than the Unikleins (Attitude fork).
^what he said, and it is also possible to retrofit some suspension forks, there are Judy's and Manitou forks around with a special Klein specific steerertube. You know, until you find a rigid fork.

MikeD":1z4swt9c said:
IME they're rather bendy, and I've seen too many exploded ones to trust them. Metal spokes FTW :)

You yourself :?: or mocked up internet pictures of somebodies friends/uncles collapsed wheels :?:

Yes, me myself, with my own eyes. I even touched them, although warily, as there were an awful lot of pointy carbon shards sticking out of the remains ;-)

And they look rubbish.

What happened :?: overweight chap doing ten foot drop offs or something ;) I have had spinergy revs for years and not broken one ;) So it must have had a serious fault ,this is the same as any part that takes abuse if you do not check it regularly it is your own fault :LOL: I had a shimano hub flange snap off years ago but did not immediately say all shimano hubs are shit :roll: Generally top end parts are slated by people who can not afford them ;) Period :roll:

And generally overpriced toss is defended to the hilt by those who've been suckered into buying it :)

Doesn't bother me what you run on your bike, it's your bike and if you like the look and ride of Spinergy wheels, that's fine. But pretending that they are in any way "better" (beyond the purely subjective aspect of appearance) than a normal spoked wheel is, I'm afraid, just nonsense.

marin man":15yl1uj9 said:
What happened :?: overweight chap doing ten foot drop offs or something ;) I have had spinergy revs for years and not broken one ;) So it must have had a serious fault ,this is the same as any part that takes abuse if you do not check it regularly it is your own fault :LOL: I had a shimano hub flange snap off years ago but did not immediately say all shimano hubs are shit :roll: Generally top end parts are slated by people who can not afford them ;) Period :roll:

Spinergys had a pretty bad reputation for failure. As ever no smoke without fire. You had a pair which have lasted 10 years - bully for you. Shimano hubs also fail as you say, however given the number of shimanos in the marketplace vs spinergy I'd say any comparison ought to take this into consideration.

To sum up I reckon the spinergys actual look kind of cool on the right bike (not sure this is the right one though). To claim they're reliable is a little far fetched though, even with all those winks and smileys. Maybe leave the poor chap to his Klein thread and set one up for fellow Spinergy Lovers.

Latest posts

Back