Ridgeback 703DX and intro

fungke

Retro Newbie
Hi Everyone,

I'm a relative newcomer to the forum, just been lurkin' around soaking up the nostalgia. I've got a few 'old school' bike pics to post up which might interest some of you... however, leading me to my quest.

I was the extremely proud owner of a Ridgeback 703DX back in the early nineties and, I know it's a long shot, I'd really love to get hold of one again.

I remember traveling up to West Hampstead Freewheel to go and collect it with my Mum. I'd just left school so £800 quid was a lot to throw at a bike but I'd worked hard for it.

I'd did untold miles on that bike and I stupidly sold it to finance my first car. It's only now I start to realise what an incredible machine it was.

I didn't do too much to upgrade it, just changed the handbars and seat stem for some carbon fibre ones I found in a shop when staying in Germany.

Two things stay with me about that bike. The first was how comfortable it was and the second, how light it seemed.

Anyway, if anybody can help I'd really appreciate it. It's been a while since I cycled and I'm starting the get the itch again.

Thanks in advance,
Andrew.

P.S. I forgot to say, it was a 17.5"

Sorry I can't help, but nice bike, I've got an old 706RS tucked away & would love to find a standard one, or put mine back if I could find the bits.

Back