Retrobike Touring.

I decided I wanted to try bikepacking last year, but it. took me until spring this year to buy all the kit I need. So far I've done 5 trips, and loved every single one. I am neuro-spicy, and find it magical waking up from a wild camp, and knowing all I have to do is ride my bike, eat, manage my water, and find somewhere to camp that evening. My mind is clear, and I can (almost) feel "normal"!
I like to take my time and not rush, so stop to take in the views and smell the flowers along the way. I enjoy that people ask where you've been and where you are going to.

If anybody is interested, I filmed my trips on my phone, although I am no Spielberg! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKFC9GHHewu8eGcbwS2_FIA

Attachments

• IMG_0053.jpeg
    IMG_0053.jpeg
    728.6 KB · Views: 12
I still haven’t been! Work and weather have conspired against me. I have done a few warm up rides more to see how riding with a trailer is than serious preparation. Today was another warm up:

8173CCC7-D4A3-41DB-8368-1702F5F13BC2.jpeg

Before I set off and then another a good bit into rural Staffordshire:

4E2DDE0D-EDE4-44DF-9DC0-A1ACB59706C8.jpeg

I don’t plan on using the rack other than for a mat. I will have small front Limpet panniers. The trailer can swallow a lot of stuff so I’ll have to make sure I don’t over pack. It’ll be heavy enough as some bits of my kit are heavier than modern equivalents. A brass pressure stove for example. I’ll be doing my tour in early September once the schools have gone back.

Just booked four nights at Contin, Strathpepper camp site. Not cycling but motorcycle touring. six and a half hours and 340 miles from here I leave in the mornng. Applecross loop one day, skye another. Is it nice invergordon way? Or any other suggestions appreciated. Not bothered about the NC500 thing just pootling around for a few days.......

Back