RetroBike MTB Series Rd 1: Long Mynd ~ AFTERMATH

Re: Re:

Retro Spud":k6f8lyth said:
.... missed his lunch .... and when he did catch up with his burger that sat on our table for 40 mins it was stone cold....

Thanks very much mate.

I hope the message got through that I wasn't paying for it - I asked someone to let them know. It wasn't even cooked properly and was raw in the middle - hopefully no-one ate it.

If we go to that pub again I'm taking sandwiches instead. :-(

Re:

A cracking opener to the retro MTB national rides! It was great to meet some new people and catch up with a few familiar faces. Many thanks to Rob et al for organisation, gate holding, guiding and of course the lunch stop beer. As always the ride itself was great fun with a friendly group. The fine weather really showed off the spectacular scenery. The climbs and descents were memorable, as was the wind blowing so hard I fell off my bike! This is the first time I have ridden the Mynd and I look forward to doing so again. Well done to all the heroes and helpers. See you at the next one!

Re:

What great start to the series. Fanatic views hard long up hill streches but we'll worth the efforts. What great bunch of bike nuts.

Re:

I didn't realise you'd left your burger on my behalf, Rob. Should we meet again I owe you a couple, let alone one. Hopefully Ill be there to make sure your its cooked properly for you next time. ;)

Blazing Bikes, behind the pub in Marshbrook can't get enough publicity for one of the many other selfless acts of kindness that I experienced on Saturday. I did give the guy a big pat on the back as soon as I arrived at the pub. They will be my first port of call for bike spares from now on. Perhaps I should go back for the matching tyre.......

Blazing Bikes
Marshbrook,
Church Stretton,
SY6 6QE
01694 781515
blazingbikes.co.uk

Can we get them mentioned somewhere more prominent on the site? A BikeShopoftheMonth thread perhaps?

It wasn't your fault - when I got down there only half the people had their food. I waited a bit then decided to sort your wheel out instead and asked someone to claim my food when it came out. Don't know how long I was away (10mins?) but when I got back in there my food was there and every one else had finished. Mine was cold (chips had some warmth so I had some of those) and burger was raw in the middle. I know my way round a burger, eaten thousands of them, but that was vile. Couple of mouthfuls and I spat it out and left it!

Re:

A few photos

Attachments

• 19344-1.jpg
    19344-1.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 179
  • 19275-3.jpg
    19275-3.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 180
  • 19356-1.jpg
    19356-1.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 180