Not open for further replies.
Re: Retrobike BoTM Feb 14 'Special Edition' Special Nominati

suburbanreuben":uj1q6ptz said:
yo-Nate-y":uj1q6ptz said:
Tut tut...

Tut tut what?
sinnerman":uj1q6ptz said:
yo-Nate-y":uj1q6ptz said:

4 grand.............are you serious..... :facepalm: do you get the choice of supermodels for that money.

Never been more serious ;) You try finding a frame made by one of the Retro MTB worlds most desirable brands, produced in a limited number run of 5, then source all the colour matched top end parts and build it up. Supply and demand influence price - not many of these about. Oh and even if my time machine was working this week it would still cost me circa £4000 if i was to go back to 1994 and spec this bike up! :LOL: Just saying.

fattiman":1137q4rs said:
suburbanreuben":1137q4rs said:
yo-Nate-y":1137q4rs said:
Tut tut...

Tut tut what?
sinnerman":1137q4rs said:
yo-Nate-y":1137q4rs said:

4 grand.............are you serious..... :facepalm: do you get the choice of supermodels for that money.

Never been more serious ;) You try finding a frame made by one of the Retro MTB worlds most desirable brands, produced in a limited number run of 5, then source all the colour matched top end parts and build it up. Supply and demand influence price - not many of these about. Oh and even if my time machine was working this week it would still cost me circa £4000 if i was to go back to 1994 and spec this bike up! :LOL: Just saying.

In that case good luck with the sale..... :cool:

fattiman":3h1fupkt said:
suburbanreuben":3h1fupkt said:
yo-Nate-y":3h1fupkt said:
Tut tut...

Tut tut what?
sinnerman":3h1fupkt said:
yo-Nate-y":3h1fupkt said:

My apologies!
It appears the rule preventing entries "for sale" has been removed.

But if it actually sells it's ineligible...

No worries, wondered what you meant!

True indeed, if it sells I will have to pull out :(

nice one :roll: got a crystal ball have you?

Same as it ever was.

fattiman":1ai0bj8r said:

So, winky means not serious? I am looking at your build and just don't see $6,240.92 worth of 1994 prices. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's not worth your asking price (although I couldn't justify it personally. haha. sorry, I have limited funds) but I'm having trouble seeing how those specs cost over 6K in 1994. It's not even graftons (levers and brakes). :p

Anyway, great looking bike frame. Wish it had a nice rigid FAT fork and some nicer shifters and it would almost be perfect!

Now, slap some Grafton pedals on it and take off those gummy candies on the wheels and get that puppy entered! Should be hard to beat. Some great entries this month from the gang!

and lolz, Sinnerman. You always crack me up.

I have no special ed bikes! Great entries so far. Keep em coming. People are probably all busy watching the Olympics and the Ukraine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back