Retro Trends

And Marins.

Seriously underated.

Not by me, they will be the must have bike especially in the smaller sizes and the early Mt Visions.

Most look so damn big and gate like with that great big headtube,,did nobody buy anything less than a 19in c to c Marin

utahdog2003":3aljvauy said:
Wonky Haro Extremes and Escapes...you know there are folks out there who are just dying to make Haro the next hot retro brand! :LOL: :LOL:

*cough*

Actually I just bought one, although for sentimental reasons and for little money. I'm not expecting it to suddenly shoot up in value.

With a Kona AA, a Concorde and a GT LTS completing the stable, I don't think any of my mountain bikes are that sought after either.

Pickle":5kvkvy1o said:
jez-4-bikes-max":5kvkvy1o said:
GT Zaskars are pretty desirable all of a sudden too

I was saying much the same to Mike on Sunday. I eventually get mine and then BOOM, every man and his dog wants one, Ebay is going mad for them and readers bikes is full of them! :LOL:

So I get another one ;)

I'm going to wait for you to sell and then nab one on the cheap. :D

Early, UK-made Saracens?
Muddy Fox(es) like the white "Courier"?

I also predict that those fugly old fillet-brazed Ritcheys will fall out of favor.
Similarly to the previous offer of a "Klein Sanctuary", I am prepared to offer a free home to any filleted Ritchey or Potts junk that members might wish to dispose of.

... please form an orderly queue :cool:

jez-4-bikes-max":5aykfo7g said:
Have you noticed certain trends in the Retro community?

So far Ive noticed the Klein trend (last year) and suddenly in the last few months how much Pace's have been massively sought after.

M900 Mechs seem to be REALLY sought after, same with Pace forks.

Coloured tyres were a thing of last year. Most people like black tyres it seems now.

GT Zaskars are pretty desirable all of a sudden too, RTS's etc.

Interesting to see how Retrobike itself has had an impact on how sought after certain brands are.

how about before this site you'd be lucky to find 1 page of "retro" titled items on ebay, now theres reg 11 pages ;)

utahdog2003":1f9alqhm said:
When I first started poking around the board here I was amazed that folks were so ape-s#@t gaga over Konas...

word to that. I think as ameybrook and rumpfy have been saying for a while (paraphrasing) that there isn't enough critism on here.

:?: maybe current economic woes will put the dampers on the white Fire Mountain with non-period Cook Bros/Grafton/Ringle acoutrements phenomenon...

jez-4-bikes-max":2vi2hlsf said:
And Marins.

:LOL:

Seriously underated.

That's excellent news! I've just bought a 1994 Palisades trail on E-bay for £67 in mint condition. Might start stockpiling them in preparation for the rush!

Surely what really matters is how bikes ride, not what brand they are.

It's the best old school ride I'm after, looks are important but they come second. I know my Fire Mountain has crappy tubing and weighs a ton but it's flying along singletrack with your heart in your mouth on a 18 year old bike, thats the real rush!

You can't see your bike when you're riding it so why worry about whether your cranks are perfectly period or not.

Anyway, to most people retro MTB's are unfashionable whatever they are. Parked mine outside a bike shop the other day and the owner, standing in the door said "I assume you're here for a trade in!"...Cheeky git!

Sam R":2nufeooj said:
utahdog2003":2nufeooj said:
When I first started poking around the board here I was amazed that folks were so ape-s#@t gaga over Konas...

word to that. I think as ameybrook and rumpfy have been saying for a while (paraphrasing) that there isn't enough critism on here.

For clarification... I wasn't insinuating we should start tearing up people's childhood dreams of blinging out a Trek 930 or Fire Mountain or Krapakoram or whatever.

I think people who continually engineer, built, tinker, and post pics of project bikes could use some constructive] criticism. We've got some strong players here and I gotta admit, I think this community is above logging in to see the same 94 Clockwork with Pace forks, middleburn cranks, and XT parts posted every day.

Surely the point of this site is...

"if it's old school it's in" :?:

The last thing you need after hours in your garage working on your masterpiece is someone telling you your water bottle bolts are the wrong shade of purple!

unocogero":3mielc19 said:
The last thing you need after hours in your garage working on your masterpiece is someone telling you your water bottle bolts are the wrong shade of purple!

Then dont open it to the public for scrutiny :?:

Back