Retro Ronde open for pre reg NOW

daccordimark":16fxifrq said:
Yes, I'll be up for this as there doesn't seem to be any interest in my club for a return visit to the L-B-L sportive and I'm keen to return to Belgium.
I'll make sure the boss is OK with it tonight.

Mark.

Eric will check his 2014 shift pattern tonight. He wants to drag me out for ride on Wednesday.

It'll be a struggle.............

And I will be having deep and meaningful discussions with Mrs Ned at 'a mutually convenient time'

ie - at an opportune moment over a bottle of wine......................................[/quote]

I still can't be absolutely certain that I will be able to go so I'm very loth (loath? lothe?) to commit myself as yet. I suppose the best way will be to keep an eye on the online entrants and see how many they get. If they don't reach the 1000 then hopefully entries 'on the day' or even a few days earlier might be accepted?

Eric still isn't sure how his shift patterns will work out yet.

daccordimark":2p3ko1x2 said:
I'm happy to play the waiting game Old Ned. Must try to get some long hard miles in up the local cobbled climbs though.
I'm afraid I won't be able to go after all. As I thought it might, something else has entered the frame on that weekend so, yet again, Belgium will have to wait!

One day.................. :roll:

Old Ned":323qp67y said:
daccordimark":323qp67y said:
I'm happy to play the waiting game Old Ned. Must try to get some long hard miles in up the local cobbled climbs though.
I'm afraid I won't be able to go after all. As I thought it might, something else has entered the frame on that weekend so, yet again, Belgium will have to wait!

One day.................. :roll:

:cry:

Yes, a shame Ned. It's well worth the trip if you ever get the chance.

There are quite a few other sportives around the RVV region through the season and you often get quite a few Retro bikes along.

I did this last year, for example:

http://www.superklassieker.be/

Some of the main climbs from RVV plus a couple of Secteurs from Paris Roubaix. Fantastic!

Johnny

Entered but questioning if it's an event to take the family too? I have only done the ronde and didn't take much notice of the surroundings as we stayed in Brugge? Is it somewhere where they can occupy themselves while we do the cycling bits? Is the event activities (other than the actual 100k ride) quite family orientated or just full of men in wooly jumpers? Is it really a boys event ?

Any thoughts? :cool:

In 2013 I haven't seen specific events for families, but I didn't pay much attention to it, as I did not came with a family. Of course it is fun to see the strange vintage cyclists. There is small food market during the ride, with local food. The innercity has shops, would could be interesting for shopaholic women.

Indeed it's 'pay now' to register.
There's a 1000 limit. The counter is at 428 now. I registered about a week ago, only about 20 people were added since. So there's time...

Back