Retro Ronde open for pre reg NOW

Re: Retro Ronde open for pre reg tomorrow 1 December

Well, I was going to register but I see that you have to pay at the same time so as I can't be 100% about going I'm afraid I'm out!

Shame because as I've said before many times I really would like to do it.

Old Ned":kwypejbq said:
Well, I was going to register but I see that you have to pay at the same time so as I can't be 100% about going I'm afraid I'm out!

Damn! I was hoping we could make it a joint mission - never mind maybe the year after?

Mark.

Re: Retro Ronde open for pre reg tomorrow 1 December UPDATED

Old Ned":gybuq0v9 said:

That's a shame.

*****EDIT*****
Registration is open now and you don't have to pay until 11/6/2014

FWIW ,
I went to see the Ronde back in the late '90s with G. Baxters' Sporting Tours . On the day before the race , there is a ride that thousands of people do , albeit on all types of bike . Fantastic 100km ride over the last part of the race route , did the ride on my Roberts before it died :evil:
Mike

Btw I will probably go with the Vittorio Strada I purchased on last years RRvV fleamarket :)

8856559411_c05c03ba29_b_d.jpg

Elev12k":3hvk82bb said:

What ride are you doing ? I'm up for the 100km on sunday and the ride to Paterberg and Koppenberg on Saturday.
I think I'm going to take my 1983 De Rosa Super Prestige, as I've got to ride from Brussels on Friday and back again on Monday for the Eurostar to London.

I made the same choice as you did: 100km and the ride on Saturday. Less than 100km is simply too short to travel to Belgium.

Re: Retro Ronde open for pre reg tomorrow 1 December UPDATED

bugloss":2t7bdmvc said:
Old Ned":2t7bdmvc said:

That's a shame.

*****EDIT*****
Registration is open now and you don't have to pay until 11/6/2014

I didn't see that! I thought you had to pay now according to what I read Saturday.

Which was this (and the same today) -

'Participation at the RetroRonde is limited to 1,000 places! Only if not full, you can still register on the day itself at € 30. In other words, register in advance as soon as you can. The registration is only accepted if we have received the participation fee.'

Which to me means 'pay now'.

Back