retro bikes to avoid

avoid old (pre-95) Kleins, they really suck and are dangerously weak after only a few years. i've taken the burden on me to get them from the market. and avoid steel bikes in general. they are just heavy and i haven't seen a single one that didn't have rust problems after some years of serious usage

;)

Carsten

...and send any custom painted Hots, Mountain Goats etc my way.

I've heard that the factory custom paint makes the tubes weaker and dangerous to ride.

:shock:

Carsten":34aeljdo said:
avoid old (pre-95) Kleins, they really suck and are dangerously weak after only a few years. i've taken the burden on me to get them from the market. and avoid steel bikes in general. they are just heavy and i haven't seen a single one that didn't have rust problems after some years of serious usage

;)

Carsten

:? ... :LOL:

konahed":2kh5e0xm said:
So they last ok?

I have never seen or heard of one breaking. I have a Serotta soft tail, and the flex is not so much that I would be worried about.

One of my first bikes was a Raleigh Activator II, and that wounded me....:LOL:
I'd say that's one to avoid... ;)

arrh the activater....they use them to anchor the supply wessals here ......in force 8 storms.... :D

What about the Principia brand or sometimes refered to as Princ - snap - ia. Seen a few of those fold in two - one while trying to keep up with me going down Hayles run (nowdays named The Beast) at Thetford

konahed":3kbnoei6 said:
Were the Bridgestone bikes made by the tyre company?

Made by a division of the same company, these days Bridgestone market bikes under the Anchor brand name.

shovelon":1q91vp6u said:
konahed":1q91vp6u said:
So they last ok?

I have never seen or heard of one breaking. I have a Serotta soft tail, and the flex is not so much that I would be worried about.

there was one with a cracked chainstay for sale here recently.

Carsten

Back