retro bikes to avoid

as i recall kleins were supposed to hjave a 3 year shelf life if ridden all the time...yetis wre also made with a short shelf life....kirks wre just crap and corroded and snapped quickly too...

How about the Carbon Mongoose's that came unglued.

Think the Raleigh Steel/Ti frames suffered a bit from that too

Kirk, but then they don't match your light and expensive criteria.

I love the way the dropouts were casually glued on. The bottom bracket suffers from the same issue, the brake bosses fall off, and then you have the problem of the frame cracking...

I've ridden mine quite gently and it hasn't broken for a while now.

as far as steel bikes i think the bridgestone MB-0 was very light but very fragile, as the story goes--ive never owned one verify one way or the other

stevemar":18j0r6qv said:
as far as steel bikes i think the bridgestone MB-0 was very light but very fragile, as the story goes--ive never owned one verify one way or the other
got an brige stone mb3 in the store await an over haul for a customer its done well from what ive seen with lots of heavy use if that helps but the mb0 was overly lighter :LOL: :LOL:

I've always wondered how those Merlin titanium rear suspension frames hold up, the ones that use the natural flex of the chainstays rather than a pivot.

konahed":cxz5h2wo said:
I've always wondered how those Merlin titanium rear suspension frames hold up, the ones that use the natural flex of the chainstays rather than a pivot.

same with moots, ritchey softail, trek stp, theres masses of them.. same with modern day bikes such as yeti 575 etc

Back