Rechargeable rear bike light??

Moss

Old School Hero
Hey, any recommendations for a suitable rechargeable rear bike light ??

Not sure this is in the correct section? but appreciate advise..

I've used the Blackburn Flea for a few years now (each one only lasts about 2 years before it won't charge anymore) https://www.blackburndesign.com/flea-2- ... gfLiZcvtYw

They are unbelievably small. They strap around tubes with a velcro strap, and on a 27.2mm seatpost they are about the same width as the post itself. The advantage if you're commuting for example, is that you can remove the light so nobody can nick it off the bike and it charges through a USB port so useful to be able to charge during the day. Also useful if you have several bikes so you can swap the light about, but you do need to have chunky stays or some seatpost length to be able to attach to.

I'd personally would just use a light set up with some high grade duracell batteries as i use to use rechargeable but got fed up with them dying frequently ..

Re:

I don't have these but the Smart Lunar R2 available from places for not too much (e.g. Amazon, on-one...) Are suppose to be quite good.
Not sure if it a spot light or has a wide and spread beam.

The Zectro lights also suppose to be bright, unobtrusive and work well do a search for prices and places but here. For example. http://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-Pow ... 5,201409_1

Plenty that have. areal bright and wide spread but you would need rechargeable AAAs for like Amtech S8076

Aldi/Lidl where suppose to be getting some in at some point of some sort, think they were a strip bar looking thing but rechargeable. Of course USB recharging is the in thing.

I have a Smart Lunar R2 and find it ideal. Mine is the old 2xAAA version and the batteries last for ages, I think it might still be on the original set. It is very visible (also bright, but bright doesn't always mean visible) and lightweight. It also comes with a seat stay mount so it doesn't have to go on the seat post to be obscured by coats, bags, flabby arses etc- that is a particular advantage on retro road bikes because they tend to have quite a short seat post.

I've just bought the new rechargeable version for a second bike but I've not used it yet so can't comment on battery life, but if anything it's even brighter than the old one.

Aldi have got bike gear in again atm but i didn't notice any lights in store but i'll probably be popping in again either later today or monday so will update with more info later ;) ..

I have a zecto and a ktv from lezyne. Both been 100% reliable as has button cell femto. Have lost a couple of smart clip one bouncing off saddle bags. Beware.

Back