rBoTM RBotM June 2024 - Theme Month - Retro Tourers! Enter Now!

road Bike of The Month
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing touristy from me I’m afraid….

:LOL: ..... kind of not surprised, but why not in your maturity say "sod it" and go with the N+1 rule and ride out to a local Travel Lodge on it?

Sorry if this appears a dig - it's not - it's more for banter, and just to say things evolve. I haven't done any touring
for god knows how long, but I can really appreciate a lot of the work gone into touring bikes and what is expected of them.

View attachment 858487
Just wondering about entering our orbit tandem - although this is after the frame swap from the claud butler majestic twin which did many miles, overly flexy and under braked miles, but fantastic fun, once carried me and my wife, and both kids.
The CB seems more classic🤔

Co-pilot here my younger son when he was 12 destination...normandy😃
And here it is 20 years ago... as the majestic - in the channel islands
IMG_20240610_201549.jpg

Last edited:
Its not that it can't be done
Its just that you will scratch the polished pine floorboards in the tearooms, and the little old ladies will raise their eyebrows in mild disapproval😉
I just do this:
20240114_180232.jpg 20240114_180821.jpg
They also serve as decent hand/wrist warmers and provide obvious grip and a little more cushion too. Low cost at about $2/pair. They throw unused ones away at my hospital OR (used for patients after surgery); come in variety of colors if that matters.

Looks like I need to build up a touring bike (for next time!). Surprised there are not more entries.

@Woz already have done that a couple times, but I want fenders and longer stays for foot clearance of rear bags. I do have a nice ('80?) Nishiki Gran Tour 15 frame in my size taking up some storage space; has vertical drop-outs w/double eyelets which I consider a plus for my purposes; pretty darn lightweight too (Tange DB tubing?). This thread is making me check my bin for suitable parts now. Last touring bike was a Trek 660 (Reynolds 531CS), but still came stock with the Campagnolo NR group; needed a better mech than that for the gearing in my opinion upon riding it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back