rBoTM RBotM August 2024 - Theme month - Racers and Race Replicas - Enter now!!!

road Bike of The Month
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Mike Muz - This one isn't particularly light, but that's mostly down to the wheels. I haven't weighed it but it's probably 8.5/9kg. The bare frame is pretty good so you could definitely get a light build out of one.
It's a great ride, smooth and much stiffer than a 979. The previous owner of my frame was a big guy and this one has no problems with fatigue or loose joints, touch wood. 😁 I ride it in the summer on and off so it's no garage queen!

I’ll have a punt at this month with this replica & tribute to Welsh TT Legend Derek Rogers
View attachment 879830
View attachment 879831
Link here
hi Nob
any chance of a close up of the arrangement at the top of the headset?. I'm interested in how that part is finished off

hi Nob
any chance of a close up of the arrangement at the top of the headset?. I'm interested in how that part is finished off
Sadly not wanting to take the top cap off & destroy the paintwork unless I really have to..

@Mike Muz - This one isn't particularly light, but that's mostly down to the wheels. I haven't weighed it but it's probably 8.5/9kg. The bare frame is pretty good so you could definitely get a light build out of one.
It's a great ride, smooth and much stiffer than a 979. The previous owner of my frame was a big guy and this one has no problems with fatigue or loose joints, touch wood. 😁 I ride it in the summer on and off so it's no garage queen!
Pleased to hear that it gets ridden! 👍😎

hi Nob
Ok I’ll go out to the garage/shop later and snap one. The BSA chainring and BSA headset were upgraded options according to the online catalog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back