Rascal Owners club !

Thanks.

Yes, it had canti's origionally.
The V's are XT M739, the origional V brake.
I used a braze-on front mech converter (Evans - £6). It converts a braze-on front mech to a banded version. Through that I put something similar to a barrel adjuster (Halfords - £2), of which the ID was drilled out to 3mm so that the teflon frame liner would fit into. From that there's a 2" prices of outer cable (to allow the essential amount of movement) into an Avid V brake metal tube.
The braze-on converter had to be ground down a fair bit to fit over the chainstay weld.
There are more pictures of it on my 'Klein Rascal' thread (see Carsten's post above).
It works well, it's going for a proper test ride tomorrow.
It's not particulary neat, but I got so fed up with messing about with rollers and various other idea's that I went back to my origional idea and it worked quite well!

thought i'd post up an up-to-date piccy of mine from todays ramble in the peaks. might be one of its last rides before it gets temporarily dismantled and put into storage for a while - too many bikes in the lounge at the mo! :roll: :oops: wish i had a shed/garage/bike-dungeon :(

Attachments

• wascal.jpg
    wascal.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 2,800
1992 Rascal

Hey all,

Wow, very nice Rascals! This is my 1992 Rascal, still sitting in the box :cry: I believe, Carsten, you have the Judy forks from this frame ;)

I haven't decided how to build it yet, but I am considering either the original XTR M900 group, or a Campy MTB group. But seeing all these great builds, nothing is set in stone lol!

Scott

Attachments

• rascal1wt6.jpg
    rascal1wt6.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 2,785
  • rascal5yf3.jpg
    rascal5yf3.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 2,785
holy mother of original bright colours!!! that looks SUPERB. now hurry up and get it built! :D
i wish my paint was still as vivid as that - i hadnt realised quite how much it had faded! :(

here's mine

klein%20005.jpg

with campagnola atek wheels, deore dx front and rear, deore lx brakehandles, xtr cantilevers

now busy to rebuild it

This is the Rascal i bought, but still have to pick up

pbpic1781197.jpg

pbpic1781198.jpg

is is going to be fitted with a Pace RC30, Syncros Crank/Stem/Bar/Seatpost.

Recently bought jonrock's Rascal :cool:

Too small for me, gunna be a nice build for the Missus..

Attachments

• d9ce_3.jpg
    d9ce_3.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 2,578
Back