Raleigh Reynolds 653 - Team Dyna-Tech - Any idea on value?

Re:

Lots of similarities there, but I still can't work out why anyone would take a (Peugeot?) Frame and paint it as a dynatech...

Re:

Something to do with Dave Baker maybe?

He was a Peugeot rider who moved to Raleigh.

Just throwing stuff out there.

Re:

No frame number!
I’ll take some more photos over the weekend and post.
I’m pretty certain it would have been late 80’s maybe early 90’s when he gave it to me. It’s a long time ago!

Whatever that is, it is not a Dynatech. The lugs are the wrong shape, and no Dynatech ever came with a 653 decal (653 tubed Dynatechs were badged as '2070'). Peugeot is a good guess - the cable guides look right, as do the lugs.

David Baker moved from Peugeot to Raleigh in 1990/91 (I met him the next year, when he won everything), so it could be a repaint of an old favourite, but as he rode MTB, I'm not sure why they would do that with what would be a just (road) training bike. And then put the wrong frame decal on it.

And he rode a (heavily modified) Dynatech mountain bike in his first season with them, so he clearly didn't have an aversion to them.

It's a mystery.

Re:

Hi all. Taken some more photos see below. Totally agree this is a Peugeot frame not sure if it's Ultima or Racing Team, but I still cant find a frame number, looked on all the stays even taken back wheel out just in case. Is it possible the mechanic had access to get a frame resprayed? I cant think of any other way a Peugeot frame would be resprayed with the exact Dyna-tech colours and stickers, maybe he preferred 653 frame but would be shot if he was seen riding it!

Thoughts appreciated, any clues on value given it's a bit of a mystery? :?

Attachments

• bb2.jpg
    bb2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 178
  • frame 2.jpg
    frame 2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 176
  • bb 1.JPG
    bb 1.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 175
  • frame 3.jpg
    frame 3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 173
  • frame5.jpg
    frame5.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 176
FWIW when i joined the raleigh amateur team they offered low cost resprays of your existing frame to raleigh colours to all riders.

(i had my both my raleighs resprayed)

Adrian Timmis maybe? his Dyna Tech road bike was on ebay recently , maybe this was one of his old Z Peugeot frames? they sprayed up for him before they built him a Dyna tech ? cant think of anyone else both Peugeot and Dyna Tech connection.

Back