races BITD which south west ones did you do

Ok I've "borrowed" a scanner from work and have set about scanning all my old racing pics, taken by mummy & daddy!
Oh, and as promised here are those Ashcombe Valley Winter series results, I think it was 1995? Anybody got any ideas?

Attachments

• Ashcombe results pg1 .jpg
    Ashcombe results pg1 .jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 713
Simod":105hhv4r said:
Yeah Muddiford is North Devon, it was just past Barnstaple from what i remember.
I'm sure it was a bike shop called 'No Sweat' that ran them, who i believe were in Barnstaple - I'm not sure if they are still there?

Ashcombe results - oooh might be messy! :oops:

I raced at Muddiford a few times, god they were the early races!!
Your right about the shop running it, no sweat or "sweatys" as the locals used to call it had a series running.
(I even bought andy the owners trek 2300 road bike years ago too)
Last time I went back to barnstaple I couldnt see any sign of the shop though :(

I raced in the south west series too:-
Filliegh classic (south molton) was run by another shop called probike)
Decoy woods,
Kingswood
Ashcoombe,
cheddar challenge,
woodbury common.

Did a downhill or 2 too..

Always remember racing the Cheddar challenge in the early 90s along with the salisbury plain challenge and SPC stuff where the course desecended down through strawberry hill. Were some good places to get some air!

Cheddar Challenge a couple of times - good pay days ;) Also remember doing a really muddy one in the west country and another at a showground down that way.

generallee":ow7s0crj said:
I rode the Kitt Hill Classic races near Tavistock in Devon, and the ones at the abandoned tin mines near err... tavistock.
Im from Tavistock by the way. !!

Tavistock Woodlands series – it's where I cut my teeth racing so to speak. I've also raced at Kitt Hill (that was the cornwall race I was trying to think of the name)

Loved the Tavistock woodlands course – especially that long drag up the hill near the end of the lap. Remember the first time I ever raced there, some friends took me round the course before the start of the fun race, and I took so long getting to the top of that hill (so I didn't wear myself out for the race to follow) that I nearly missed the start of the race itself.

Crazy thing is I bet we've all got pics of each other in our race snaps – just never knew who everyone was

Back