Quickfire Quiz : Who's WINNING at Retrobike ???

i win because i shamefully confess to being one of the first to own a raleigh maverik in blue when the y first came out....and then made it weigh even more by adding tonnes of crap to it ...inc a acid gree plastic screw on disc for the rear wheel...... :oops:

oh and i own 5 long travel dh bikes ...one of which is hanging on the wall as an ornament simply because i ran out of room.... :D :D :D :D

feetabix":h1le8cax said:
18 bikes running on 15 sets of wheels........ :D.....here is a pic from summer 2010, more have arrived since then, my 'one in one out' policy needs tweaking i fear!....

P1020556.jpg

this.....

P1030445.jpg

and this.....

P1020574.jpg

and this....

P1030242.jpg

and this....

P1020568.jpg

You quite clearly have far too many bikes so I'll make you some room and take the Clockwork off your hands ;)

Agree with above, Mikee has loads although Stefan will take some beating. :shock:

no where near as many on here, but too many for me

I could trim the fat down to :

1x Retro geared
1x Retro Single Speed
1x Reto Road bike
1x Modern

................but I probably won't :roll:

quantity is no victory, especially when (as so many around here seem to do), the quantity is of similar low-mid end bikes. that money would be much better put into one stunner.

cce":fbjdh062 said:
quantity is no victory, especially when (as so many around here seem to do), the quantity is of similar low-mid end bikes. that money would be much better put into one stunner.

Hear, hear... another vote for me then ;)

cce":3pvdb3sq said:

Not if you're interested in the high end stuff!

Rob Atkin":1ejry9wc said:
cce":1ejry9wc said:

i was an inverse snob once too.

then i freed my mind and discovered the sublime purity of a craftsman-made bicycle

I've been operating on a strict 10 bike diet for a few years now. 1 in 1 out and it's served me well. Right now the collection contains

GT STS
GT STS LOBO
GT LOBO 1000 (Aluminum)
GT Psyclone
Specialized Allez Epic
Trimble Aero 1 (AKA Superlight)
Two Four Toy 4
Cannondale CAAD 10
KHS DJ200
Brooklyn Machine Works Big Ben

But then I have a frame collection with 2 more STSs, an RTS, an LTS, an Alpine Stars AL Mega, a Soma Rush and an as yet unidentified Al MTB frame.

cce":32go9u97 said:
Rob Atkin":32go9u97 said:
cce":32go9u97 said:

i was an inverse snob once too.

then i freed my mind and discovered the sublime purity of a craftsman-made bicycle
Smashing.

It would be hubris, though, to assume the same "epiphany" or priorities apply to everyone, here.

Isn't there some French saying about celebrating the differences, or some such...

Latest posts

Back