Quickfire Quiz : Who's WINNING at Retrobike ???

It can sometimes go wrong though...

dsc00963_165.jpg

Even with storage space-a-plenty, my limit has been reached. Any new projects will be based upon improvements to what's already there (like the MI-80 which has all the kit on which will be moved over to the Stumpy, which will free up a load of parts to be moved on.

You can see my stable in my sig.... ,The Brouwer and MI-80 came in AFTER the self-imposed ceiling (but there was always going to be a host frame for the Mavic kit I've been saving up so they don't count). Oops.

Not on the list is a hack bike based on a slightly dented Focus cross frame and the wife's Wilier and 2 Batavus shoppers- and the kids' XC MTBs.

Going to try to stick to 3 A keeper, a work hack and a project. Undoubtably there will be moments when I go over managed to give 2 frames away recently 1 as karma on here and one to a mate that had been knocked off his bike by a hit and run. That was that genius karma that I won off here looked quite nice built up.

Obviously it doesn't make sense to have more bikes than you have space for.

But then, by the same token, it obviously doesn't make sense to have fewer bikes than you have space for either. I mean, why would you do that?

I do think there's a slight problem though in associating the concept of 'winning' with having more bikes than the next guy. After all, we wouldn't want people to think we were obsessive, would we? ;)

I am very good these days

1 retro rigid "Roberts Dogs"
1 retro-ish hardtail "Roberts Genesis"
1 Cyclocross "Alan 1992"
1 singlespeed "Sanderson Soloist"

Just adding my much dreamt road bike and thats it ...More than I need but I am chuffed considering my budgets to get them? :D

good friend of mine has stopped counting after 300....has in between 400/450 at the moment and that's apart from frames and parts ........ and he isn't finished yet ;)
Has anything in between a Spec. Rockhopper and Boulder Titanium

i will never have a huge quantity of bikes, but i'm proud to say my pace rc100 is my daily rider. and very soon i'll have my 1990 klein attitude running. and i have a gt zaskar as a back up.
i'm all for quality not quantity.
but i respect anyone who has an obsession with collecting bikes.

I'm definatley winning because I have my beloved Zaskar back in one [much nicer] piece and I'm starting to ride regularly again. That's a win in my books. :)

Latest posts

Back