Public sector strikes on Wednesday

Neil G":3e4ekzt2 said:
Private sector - no pay rise for four years and I can't afford to pay into a Pension.

Some people don't know how good they've got it

Get a new job?

So, are we due another strike? A proper one that might actually achieve something, rather than just a day off to go shopping?

ernie":7pf5hqz6 said:
With all this discussion..with the government saying we are all in together :roll: yeah right...have they as very senior civil servants had to pay more and retire on less..i dont know that is why i am
Asking?....looking at Gadro's comment him and me might work under the same conditions

Ernie ;)

Ernie ;) back at you PACE and all that razz :) Don't mention Windsor because that would really make me :twisted:

:)

kaiser":7pf5hqz6 said:
Neil G":7pf5hqz6 said:
Private sector - no pay rise for four years and I can't afford to pay into a Pension.

Get a new job?
Little harsh just right now as there's nowt about BUT if you choose Private when there are (more like were :) ) jobs in the Public sector then it's a decision you make. I can't afford to pay into a Pension either. But I do. :( hard times for all

taylorsummers you ever met a big billy goat gruff

Gadro..remember if you cant take a joke you shouldnt have joined :LOL: :LOL:
did you join before 1st sept 1994 or did you get seen off??

Ernie ;)

I take and give, trust me I'm on a group

Housing - nope '98 late starter brought in 6 years - 11 years left going to miss out on the magic 10 years by 1 :( great. Means an extra 6 in work, more for less and by then they'll probably tax commutation. Probably won't make it though as I'll be A20'd with a bad back and knees before then :( all is woe

kaiser":24d3gtel said:
Neil G":24d3gtel said:

Get a new job?

Well there's a sensible answer, of course that's the solution.....just try getting a job in the Engineering industry at the moment.

The point I was making is that some of these people should take a look at what is going on in the private sector and actually realise that they've got it pretty damn good.

I have worked within the public sector and left the job after 17 years.

When I think how much I've contributed vs the return I will get I think I've done pretty well I think it was about 1/17th

I doubt you could get that kinda return from a private pension or as a cash long term interest saving.

So I wonder are they complaining that what they have is bad or..are they complaining they want it better despite the kitty being bare?

for me I'm more or less getting back a shed load of cash with me having only put a little in..I think I've done okay and I can get it at 60

Back