Poor quality work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The polite communication seems to have areas of disagreement. Perhaps a visit to a sprayer would give you some evidence to back up your claims. My Rapide is pearl but there is no way to tell with pics, only with naked eye and sunlight so long distance arguments could be difficult especially about paint tones.

I really hope it works out, don't forget the updates.

Richard

TGR":3ilced9d said:
The polite communication seems to have areas of disagreement. Perhaps a visit to a sprayer would give you some evidence to back up your claims. My Rapide is pearl but there is no way to tell with pics, only with naked eye and sunlight so long distance arguments could be difficult especially about paint tones.

I really hope it works out, don't forget the updates.

Richard

Hi Rich, I can PM you pics of all the defects which are very clear, plus the pearl issue is the last of a line of issues;
The defects are without question, the evidence would only provide weight to how the defects arose: Too much air pressure or insufficient coverage, interrupted baking all cause matting...whatever the cause it should have been remedied.
The same goes for depressions and defects in the lacquer.
again I have shots taken in the same light of the respray and 2 other white pearl frames, and the difference ( i.e. lack of pearlescence ) is obvious. Thanks for your helpful comments! Chris

Chris,

This problem interests me as when i need the Rossin done, I will be posting it and the worry about postage, quality of the work and return postage has been weighing on my mind. A worst case scenario for me would be almost exactly what has happened you. The only worse thing would be for the frame getting lost in the post.

Depending on the attitude of the company, it should be evident what you need to do to prove your points. This would be a whole easier if you could bring the frame to them - point out the problems and see what they say. There is obviously a trust issue when dealing by phone and internet and it would be easy for an unscrupulous person to receive an item and then complain to get a reduction in price etc.

From what you say, I would be of the opinion that you should be asking for either -
a full refund OR
the job redone - right
In order to achieve a successful conclusion, you should provide them with evidence - pics etc and i think if you had a credible sprayer locally, some detail from them about the quality etc.

I hope it works out.

On a final point, If you had paid using PayPal (not gift) - would that offer protection? Or would a credit card offer any protection against poor workmanship?

Richard

Someone else will know if you have any protection but, from what i know, I don't think you have.

Oddly, I had not thought about payment until I typed the above - I was actually thinking cheque!

There has to someone else on here who has had a similar problem.

From my own point of view, it has given me something to worry about - and that does not help you.

Richard

When choosing a painter I always go down to see the work shop see his work and talk once you get to know them you get a jist if he or she is the right person to spray your bike or car!
I had some paint thinners hit a wing on a car took it back he apologised and re did the work. The kid cleaning the paint booth was careless with the thinners that caused the issues for me!

I have a friend his son builds and restores high end bikes apparently some riders in Europe go to him for repairs and spray jobs?
http://www.noquarterbikes.co.uk/
His prices are very good!
I'm going to give him a shout when I find a frame I can't save myself!
http://www.noquarterbikes.co.uk/paint

NoQuarter bikes - who is that? Ben Heathcote? or someone Langdon?

Richard

TGR":3aaqlidf said:
NoQuarter bikes - who is that? Ben Heathcote? or someone Langdon?

Richard

I think Ben I only know his father I'm in the same car circles as Thomas!
Stunning work those guys do!
When Thomas heard I was restoring the Gitane he offered to sort the frame out for me, I didn't want to waste time and money on the kids small bike frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back