Poor quality work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TGR":2ff9vs9n said:
As a matter of interest, how did you feel about Mercian's attitude to you as a customer?

Richard

They were fine. No freebies though like a free stainless seatbolt; they charged me an extra 10 quid for that :x .

Also, +1 for Argos. They do a fantastic job.

Ellis Briggs of Shipley, Yorkshire is another one of mention.

I have spoken to another RBer who was not overly happy how Mercian dealt with him and he was just enquiring about getting a frame painted. Maybe he got someone on a bad day.

Richard

TGR":2h6d4zhd said:
I have spoken to another RBer who was not overly happy how Mercian dealt with him and he was just enquiring about getting a frame painted. Maybe he got someone on a bad day.

Richard

What did they do? I mean they told me turnover was 3 months for a respray. Their own custom frames are 1st priority.

But yeah the older guy on the till isn't very friendly, apparently.

I think it was just a lack of interest in the work, the frame is in Readers Bikes - the Rossin Lo-pro which is a very, very special frame. You would imagine that they would have been keen to do the work - but obviously not.

Richard

TBF it goes both ways I guess?
If I come across someone who is never going to be happy and trust me there are a few of those!
I would rather loose the business if I'm busy and have steady flow of work?
There are some people who just want the job done agree a price shake hands and once completed don't do bargaining, negotiate, require freebies or good will!
Just black and white no hassle of course if something is wrong then its down to the person to sort it and sweeten the deal but I feel for some customer service people as they essentially deal with time wasters every hour of there waking day?
Is it there job Yes
Do they get pissed YES
Are they human YES

Sometimes its easy to blame customer care but in reality they aren't at fault, but people kick off because its over the phone!
I've always said engineers, blue collar and office workers are two different breeds!

I dropped my Raleigh off at Brian Rourkes last week and they couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. Yet to see the finished article though but if the other frames in there are anything to go by they can produce good results. I thought that the price quoted was pretty competitive too.

I've heard good and bad things about Mercian before aswell as all the other well known builders/re finishers.

I recall seeing an article about a frame that Atlantic Boulevard painted that looked frankly terrible and was only matched by the terrible attitude shown by the company in question.

TGR":1ogdgp62 said:
As a matter of interest, how did you feel about Mercian's attitude to you as a customer?

Richard
I had a respray done by them and they where helpful.they also repaired a pair of syncros forks for me and done a nice clean job

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back