Poor quality work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have bought some bits and bobs - I am pretty sure i have a NoQuarter sticker somewhere too.

Richard

TGR":3gvnks1r said:
I have bought some bits and bobs - I am pretty sure i have a NoQuarter sticker somewhere too.

Richard

Going by his fathers work on cars I think his son has the same gene pool :LOL:
Jay
All this biking stuff is fun for me as I only ever work on classic cars!

TGR":3s3oi583 said:
James Langton - Director - i just found his card.

Richard

Yes Just spoken to Thom and James has done some work for a few people on here, so its all good!
Weird I know Thom in a completely different area and it ties in just because someone did a bad paint job :LOL:
Small world!

Update, contacted the restorer with list of issues verified by independent technicians, they refuse to refund or redo work, insist the faults 'can't be there because of the process they use'

unbelievable, I'm at a loss to understand such folk

Well, what do you plan?

Only because I watch daytime TV I think you can take them to the small claims court, this cane be escalated to the Crown/County Court for a judgement and then THE SHERIFFS are sent in to reclaim what is rightfully yours!

On a more reasonable note, what will you do? How much money has this cost so far?

Are pics available?

Richard

TGR":2ex83n4k said:
Well, what do you plan?

Only because I watch daytime TV I think you can take them to the small claims court, this cane be escalated to the Crown/County Court for a judgement and then THE SHERIFFS are sent in to reclaim what is rightfully yours!

On a more reasonable note, what will you do? How much money has this cost so far?

Are pics available?

Richard

It's the attitude which is worse..."what you are describing is not possible with the process we use" ...as I'm staring at the frame with the faults ( verified by paint technicians ) glaring at me...and " I'm not happy fitting decals in a way they were never designed to be fitted " after locating decals contrary to clear instructions and photos of the originals.
Costs so far £200 plus a load of lost time and energy...

I have to agree with regarding attitude, but there is a significant cost involved too. Solicitor time perhaps? A letter may sort it out.

As i have mentioned in previous wide-ranging posts, time and energy are the most significant things and no one can compensate you for this.

I really feel annoyed for you and the situation.

Richard

There is a thread in the mtb section (featuring a road frame) where a customer is very unhappy with the work done by a well known painter.

It does seem that as work loads increase and order books get full, attention to detail can fall and mistakes creep in.

I understand the pressures of a full work load and not enough hours in the day, but after all they (the painter) are offering the service to us (the customer) which we are often paying handsomely for.

I think I'll stick to face to face dealings only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back