** Pipedream Moxie Longer **

Don’t know yet, was just a combined shakedown run/walk with the Mrs! 😂

Seatpost way too low and slipping because no carbon paste didn’t help either! 🙄

Gonna ditch the Brooks, going 10mm longer with stem and putting some comfy grips on… then I’ll get a better understanding. 😎

People might disagree, but I see a bike like this as more a winch and plummet bike, so if it appears a little small for pootling, then so be it. If you want a bike for covering miles and comfort, then there are probably better choices. But I appreciate they'll be people saying they ride a bike like this and the Hello Dave 100 miles a weekend etc etc

People might disagree, but I see a bike like this as more a winch and plummet bike, so if it appears a little small for pootling, then so be it. If you want a bike for covering miles and comfort, then there are probably better choices. But I appreciate they'll be people saying they ride a bike like this and the Hello Dave 100 miles a weekend etc etc
I reckon you're right, I read a few posts from people who were contemplating a Pipedream Moxie for bikepacking and folks were discouraging. More of a huck around on the trail sort of thing I imagine, a true beaut nonetheless

I reckon you're right, I read a few posts from people who were contemplating a Pipedream Moxie for bikepacking and folks were discouraging. More of a huck around on the trail sort of thing I imagine, a true beaut nonetheless
It is quite out there on reach etc. It is a lovely build though, not detracting from that. Just not sure it can cover all bases, depends what you want

Yeah well i will be neither packing nor hucking! 😂

Just something a bit different to the Stooge/Surly thing now that I’m back in the hills.

Hopefully once I get my position sorted it’ll be fine, I always seem to sit on the very back of saddles no matter what bike I’ve built… stupid long arms! 😂

It's good to try and hopefully it works for you better than the stooge(s) and surly which are quite similar. I've ridden similar, to the moxie, takes some getting used to, few tweeks hopefully has it sorted fir you.

It is quite out there on reach etc. It is a lovely build though, not detracting from that. Just not sure it can cover all bases, depends what you want
Yeah makes sense. I am drooling over this build here, and the frame. I really have been drooling over most of Velofrogs bikes (if youve been wondering why you havent needed to clean them for a good while, there lies yer answer), but he needn't fear me nicking this one as my arms are so short I doubt I'd reach the bars.

All my bikes are purely for comfort over long distance, because I cannot go fast or wild.

Excited to see this one out in the wild.

Am still upset you didn't keep the Stooge, Velo. That was a cracker.

How you managed to make a whatever flourescent colour that post is work on that bike is beyond me. Perversion if you ask me. And I am indulging.

Back