Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (last change, 100% finished)

Re:

That is one tremendous looking bike, the chap who did the paint should also be congratulated. Only a small gripe but why a Campag seat post? seems a shame not to complete the full groupset?

Re: Peugeot 753 in Team Z Colours (Finished Aug New pics P3)

Thanks guys, the Guy who did the paint is Mark Ralph at MrCreations fantastic work and would recomend him to any one. Over half the price of Argos to.

I used the Campag seat post for a few reasons, because thats what I had on it back in the day but more important because it gives me the extra 2cm over the Shimano 600 (which I did have) that I need having a smaller frame than the last bike.

Re:

Absolutely stunning refurb, very nicely done! :) And I love that colour scheme, it's iconic of the period; when I see that I think Robert Millar.

Re:

That's an absolutely brilliant bit of work, nice on.

As an aside, I still think the Avocet computer is a gem. I reckon if the did a re-issue wireless version it would sell in the thousands. I would love to put them on my machines, but I don't want the cable and clips clogging up with grime and marking the paint.

That is stunning, a beautiful restoration.
I'm doing a 653 athena myself and was concerned about not being able to find repro decals for it.
I'll definitely make contact with your decal supplier so hopefully he has the design on file.
Thank you!

Aliante, ur so right and it was this exact picture from the front of the September 14 1989 Cycling weekly that made me go out and buy this frame in 1990 (once I had saved up :) ).

Perfect. That's a fantastic machine & one you should be very proud of.

Thanks for all the comments guys, I am indeed very proud of this one and it will deff be a keeper .......... never to be sold. Just need to sort a new saddle as the writing came off of the re-pro Turbo I bought with in about 10 miles.

Great end result. Paint job is really top notch!

Mark my painter did me this with the left over paint

Well impressed I must say.

Back