Peugeot 653 Athena questions

Quigs Snr":83042i33 said:
spitball":83042i33 said:

Thanks Spitball. I cant see anything on those links. Just a black screen with a white minus sign inside a circle ?

Pictures fixed on page 4

Its hard to be precise with such low measures, but I reckon the seat post is 26.4 after all. I think you are right spitball. Have bought one anyway and will see how it works.

Pictures attached.

Managed an almost original build.. compromised on a set of clincher rims and some modern pedals to make it rideable for me.

Bike is not a minter by any means. But very good all the same.

Attachments

• 653 2.jpg
    653 2.jpg
    580.2 KB · Views: 744
  • 653 3.jpg
    653 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 743
  • 653 4.jpg
    653 4.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 742
  • 653 1.jpg
    653 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 744
Love the whole thing especially those Omega Hardox V profile rims - had those on my '89 653 Condor Italia Pro.

Gutted when it was nicked, although I still have the designer select frameset that Tom Board built for me out his basement workshop in All Saints Rd!

tpjm191":4rsu0uif said:
... I still have the designer select frameset that Tom Board built for me out his basement workshop in All Saints Rd!

What excellent taste you have in frame builders!!
Pics?

Sure - plus I did, after 25 yrs, find a red version of my green condor white plus smoke effect (Team Condor Olympia ?c88-89 from an old member of the team)

At the start of a ToB stage 2017 Rob Hayles was very interested and told me how he used do the smoke effect paint job himself.

Not so much chrome as I had and 1/2inch too big!

Back