Paris. Not Good News.

ibbz":2ibiy8h6 said:
highlandsflyer":2ibiy8h6 said:
Women generally did not enter the mosque back then, as you would know, and certainly not the same area as the men.

You're quite wrong
Women were and are and always have been allowed to enter larger mosques and especially Regent's Park

At no point did I say women were not allowed. They pray in a different area. Also, women tended to pray at home. Fact.

The change in wearing religious clothing relates to a lot of groups, and I feel is perhaps more to do with living in, ironically, a more tolerant society.

When I first lived in London, the National Front were rampant, and people would be targeted for donning religious garb much more than now. I was attacked for having long hair.

"a more tolerant society. "

We have this, everyone is welcome, be ye black,white ,orange(often seen in Glasgow :LOL: ) or green.
Matters not if you worship the Jedi ,Islam, Hinduism, Catholic,Protestant or even Satan.

Wouldnt mind hearing the Hindu angle on all of this ;) :LOL:

highlandsflyer":2p6g6h5d said:
ibbz":2p6g6h5d said:
highlandsflyer":2p6g6h5d said:
Women generally did not enter the mosque back then, as you would know, and certainly not the same area as the men.

You're quite wrong
Women were and are and always have been allowed to enter larger mosques and especially Regent's Park

At no point did I say women were not allowed. They pray in a different area. Also, women tended to pray at home. Fact.

The change in wearing religious clothing relates to a lot of groups, and I feel is perhaps more to do with living in, ironically, a more tolerant society.

When I first lived in London, the National Front were rampant, and people would be targeted for donning religious garb much more than now. I was attacked for having long hair.

You can think whatever you want but you're wrong.
But funny how you neglected to comment on the rest of my long post and instead concentrated on a minor sub issue of change in Muslim dress since 1990.

I can't be bothered replying or getting involved in this discussion anymore so I'm out.

Re:

Maybe we should all stop for a moment, and be thankful that we are in a position to comment about things going on in the World.
There are some innocent people that are no longer in that position.

Mike

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":qy09u6pa said:
Because you misrepresent what other people say and bend everything to your agenda.

How telling.

You just have to get a last gutter snipe word in.
The only one bending words is you, you said one thing then decided to change it. All the while ignoring everything else I said.

highlandsflyer":pzc8ulz1 said:
Women generally did not enter the mosque back then, as you would know, and certainly not the same area as the men. They often sat outside in the park. Perhaps I was unclear. My point was Hijabs were worn all over London back then, as well as beards, short breeks and robes of all sorts. Your statements just don't add up.

You mentioned Regent's Park mosque, not I. You said you saw hijabs there - I said yes because it's a mosque of course you'll see headscarves at mosques . You then said they don't tend to enter mosques back then - and I corrected you. You can't seem to make your mind up though, they're in a mosque or in the grounds - aren't allowed in but are apart from men - who gives a shit? They're still at the mosque and that's where you saw headscarves . And you're not even from London - I am, I think I'm
Entitled to say what I have observed - and I did, I don't need you calling me a liar in not so many words.

Re:

Anyway this wasn't about mosques and headscarves in London in 1990.

It's about something else, about scores murdered in Paris and about how it all came to this.

I think I've given a good account with references. And that's part of the discussion

Back