Pantani scheme Bianchi Megapro - Very pretty bike

mark_h

Retro Newbie
CdAxTw_zMw-bo1np5pgC9whG_yhsJfmPFOyvyUGinO4=w314-h209-p-no

Some years ago I got a decent road-bike. I got it because it was very pretty and beautifully put together. I rode it for a few years then hung it up in the garage where it stayed for the last 10 years. I've just got back into cycling but in the 10 year gap my fitness has gone and the hills are steeper so I need something a bit lighter geared.

I looked into putting a compact chain-ring on this but it all gets a bit messy and it seems a real shame to mess up something so beautiful so you lucky lot get the chance of owning a very very pretty bike.

It's in the Pantani colours but without the pirate saddle. I have the original celeste saddle and look pedals. The previous owner changed the front fork to a pair of Time carbon forks but apart from that it's completely original. Complete Campag chorus 9 speed group-set and all in fine order apart from the head bearings which was a little notchy. I swung it around 90 degrees so the notch is not where you ride and now it's absolutely fine.

58cm Megapro frame. I'm 5'11 and it fits me perfectly. Plenty of scope to adjust upwards and a bit of scope to fit someone shorter.

I don't think it's a full Pantani replica but pretty damn close and gets a lot of attention each time I take it out. It seems these go for daft money to Italian collectors so rather then it spend another 10 years hanging up in the garage or get some random drive train thrown at it I thought I'd see if there is anyone on here who fancies standing out from the crowd. Next step is Italian ebay and if no takers I'll just get fitter and continue riding it.

It's not in perfect condition but it's not far off it and could fairly easily be put back into pristine condition. Unsure of the right price for this bike. On ebay they are often listed for upwards of £4k which is just daft. I was hoping to get a fair price for it and have to state a price so I'll put it up for £2,000 but I'm open to sensible offers. I am based in Fleet M3 Jct 4a.

Sorry for the long post, here's a link to a few pictures and I'll happily answer any questions from anyone genuinely interested. Cheers, Mark.
https://plus.google.com/photos/11029087 ... 5819802545

Re:

Welcome to the forum.

That's a lovely bike, I have a soft spot for Pantani Bianchi's.

Two things will help your advert, first, the forum rules state that you must have a price in the advert. Second a frame size is pretty essential.

GLWS.

Re:

Sorry, newbie not reading all the rules. Wasn't sure of the price but have now added one and it's an XL, 58cm frame which fits me just fine at 5'11.

Re: Pantani replica Bianchi Megapro - Very pretty bike

This is the basic Mega Pro from probably 1998, the tubes are not even butted on this frame. A Pantani replica was XL Frame with visable welds where the tube meet, double butted, much lighter, etc and very different from this. Don't be fooled.

It is a good bike, however for the right money.

Re:

Sorry, wasn't intending to fool anybody. I was told it was a replica when I was out on a ride a few years ago and when I looked it up it looked the same as all the others. The original description stated it was probably not a full replica and I have now adjusted the thread title as well.

Hopefully I'm not coming across as a scammer as that was not my intention. May be an idea for an administrator to remove the entire thread to prevent issue.

Re:

Don't worry, you have not come across as a scammer at all.

Pantani stuff is an absolute minefield, as everyone used to make as much (money) as possible out of his fame.

There are for instance (at least) two types of Pantani saddle; one style sells for over £100 the other between £25 and £50, same thing with the bikes.

If it is any comfort I believe the XL frames are very good but also delicate.

Good luck with your sale.

Latest posts

Back