Panasonic MC6500 build

Re: Re:

Billy_":3onz4mlv said:
Thanks! Truing the wheels is not easy!

I'm not surprised - I'm using the frame to hold the wheels and judging by eye. One eye closed for increased accuracy. Probably not the best method!

I was proud of myself with the rear as I managed to get it pretty central compared to where it started, but the front was much more difficult as the fork moved around!

It's time to hand them over to someone with suitable competence and perhaps a truing stand!
Just a tip, instead of trying to "eyeball" the rim, attach a zip tie to the stay or fork, and trim the end as a feeler on the rim.

Re:

A couple of updates, trial fitting of a front light and some SRAM linear pull brakes fitted.

Re:

I think it's pretty much how I want it now, can't see it changing much from here.

Grips are annoying me, I've not been able to find anything I really like yet. Ideally after very thin push on grips - suggestions welcome!

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back